Speculation: The Coaching Search (Friedman: Ruff to be next HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I don't mention Genesis because then I have articulate between Gabriel as lead singer and Phil Collins.

I enjoyed Trick of the Tail and follow ons but NOT as much as Supper's Ready and the rest of the early Genesis stuff.

It was our generation's music! "When the lamb lies down.....on Broadway...."

And the bass kicks in! Whoosh!!
Moog Taurus bass pedals for the win.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Eh. When Adam’s goes to the mike and says the Pegulas are willing to move heaven and earth to get the team to win yet:

- spend to least on payroll of any team over the last 3 years
- won’t retain salaries

It stretches any credibility that Adams has

Both those reasons are not good, logically, for your point. And the fact those are what’s your two reasons, says it all

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I love all of Genesis - a lot of the trio is as progressive as the Gabriel stuff.

It's like the Yes fans who discount anything without Howe though I love the Rabin stuff just as much and 90125, Big Generator, and Talk are more listenable than Tales From Topographic Oceans.
I consider myself a Yes aficionado and enjoy most everything they've composed........ except to a lesser degree, Drama - No Anderson on vocals but the instrumentals were outstanding, side 3 of TFTO (you know what I am talking about.... guitar diarrhea), and the stuff published after The Ladder. (Really enjoyed The Ladder. Fairburn's production was evident even though he passed quickly afterwards.)

Major Rabin fan. I can play more of his stuff than Howes. Changes, Owner and Hearts are some of Yes's best. I can play some of Steve Howes scores but not everything. Don't have the finger speed nor the dexterity.

Chris Squire was the master of masters bass player. He is missed and will never be duplicated.

Phil Collins went where I think Jon Anderson always wanted to go...... pop hits. Which is why Genesis faded for me in their latter years.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I consider myself a Yes aficionado and enjoy most everything they've composed........ except to a lesser degree, Drama - No Anderson on vocals but the instrumentals were outstanding, side 3 of TFTO (you know what I am talking about.... guitar diarrhea), and the stuff published after The Ladder. (Really enjoyed The Ladder. Fairburn's production was evident even though he passed quickly afterwards.)

Major Rabin fan. I can play more of his stuff than Howes. Changes, Owner and Hearts are some of Yes's best. I can play some of Steve Howes scores but not everything. Don't have the finger speed nor the dexterity.

Chris Squire was the master of masters bass player. He is missed and will never be duplicated.

Phil Collins went where I think Jon Anderson always wanted to go...... pop hits. Which is why Genesis faded for me in their latter years.

I adore Drama. Does It Really Happen? is one of my absolute favorite Yes songs.

I think 90125 is a perfect album. I think Aim High Shoot Low, I'm Running, and Endless Dream are as good as anything they have done - other than maybe Awaken, which to me is their masterpiece.

Saw the Union tour in the round at the Aud in 1991 and it's still one of my favorite concerts ever. Also loved ARW at UB a few years ago.

If you haven't already, pick up Rio by Trevor Rabin. Came out last year and it's great. Not as great as Can't Look Away which is one of my favorite albums of all time but still very good.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The PDOCast guys did a breakdown on Laffy's season and one of the points they had was Laffy had to learn how to play off-puck under Gallant which is what is serving him so well this year with Panarin. Gallant was all counter-attack, lay back and get quick strike rushes but not a lot of handles. Now he's using that after Lavi moved him to RW and he's using those skills to arrive while Bread does so much work with the puck. It's an interesting element of how Laffy's game has come along, that he had to learn the harder parts of an adult game instead of being a junior kid. It's a bit interesting to look at, though I would like to see what their Kappo breakdown would be too but they didn't.
Then I'm confused, what about the Rangers players' comments about Gallant?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The Sabres, a team that should have been better this season but again couldn’t get it together, have a critical decision to make: who to bring in to replace Don Granato as their next coach. Someone with Todd McLellan’s pedigree? With Dean Evason’s? McLellan’s ability to take the Los Angeles Kings out of their rebuild and get them competitive might make him an attractive option. He can bring structure. It’s why he’ll probably be at the top of more than one team’s list to interview, once the coaching carousel begins to spin.

Just as teams are asking important questions internally, readers also pose these questions, frequently.

The intricacies of team-building seem endlessly fascinating to them — and, in many ways, have almost trumped the results of the actual games.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
RBA isn’t coming. It would be like surgery to pull his family out of Raleigh. He’s got a contending team. No way he’s leaving.

My kids play in Raleigh all the time. I have tons of friends there with kids in the program. He’s not leaving.
Easy to see coming. My kids may play for the Jr. Canes this season, and I talk to their youth hockey people all the time. There was no chance he's leaving.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't see it. Adams believes the talent is there for a stanley cup run next year. He's not looking for just a next-step coach, he's looking for an all the steps coach.
I do not believe that Adams was specific enough to read that much into what he is thinking.

I think Ruff ticks a lot of boxes for what Adams talked about and he is a next-step coach at this stage in his career.

And given where the team is at, I don't think there is any hire they could make and I would think "he can get them to a Cup title if just a couple things go right".

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Easy to see coming. My kids may play for the Jr. Canes this season, and I talk to their youth hockey people all the time. There was no chance he's leaving.
Sounds like your son is progressing nicely....... Jr. Canes and all.

I'm guessing he's a Bantam now.....? That's where the serious recruitment starts.

Deep pockets required however! LOL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad