The Clouston Effect

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah lets not blame Heatley at all for that - its all on Clouston

It was the beginning of the end for a pretty good team, but yea Heatley was a baby too.

In hindsight, that may not have been a bad thing.

He may have had another couple of good yrs left in him but he did regress pretty quickly after leaving Ottawa & so did the team which eventually led to the rebuild.

sexytime

Apr 17, 2009
Ottawa
I think he's done an excellent job with the team, and especially the young players. He's made them feel confident, capable and a significant contributors to the teams success. I don't know what he tells them, but they all seem to be playing with a ton of confidence.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think he's done an excellent job with the team, and especially the young players. He's made them feel confident, capable and a significant contributors to the teams success. I don't know what he tells them, but they all seem to be playing with a ton of confidence.

60436449.jpg

ud

Jul 16, 2006
In hindsight, that may not have been a bad thing.

Actually was a good thing in hindsight... heatley was good for one thing, scoring goals.. Michalek has been a way better over all player for us and has more goals than heatley since the trade... in his prime heatley was a far better scorer, but since the trade hes gotten slower and slower and is so useless now hes sitting in the AHL.

The thing I like about what happened with Cameron is the team didn't do well at all off the top, they continued to struggle and are now coming around... which would indicate that maybe his system is working better than macleans. We wont know until next year but its a good sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad