CFL: The CFL Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017
Indeed, Lions should go back to these. The ones they wore after those were decent, but the current jersey is terrible IMO.
I love the uniforms for how they look, and they touch off all the nostalgic stuff from everyone’s favourite western final, and stand against the Baltimore cflers.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have been waiting my entire life for the Tabbies to finally host a Grey Cup! One of the happiest sources of sporting news I have had in a while!

Pumped to have the chance to see the Cup @ my home!

Reactions: sabremike

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I have been waiting my entire life for the Tabbies to finally host a Grey Cup! One of the happiest sources of sporting news I have had in a while!

Pumped to have the chance to see the Cup @ my home!

I remember the 96’ game in the snow. A couple of my buddies got tix last minute for cheap. I’ll always remember that shoe top catch by Brown.

Pretty gross to the see Argos win it in Tigertown.

Hopefully the Cats will be in this one. Now that would be pretty sweet.

Reactions: sabremike

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Possible changing of the guard ownership-wise in Montreal happening.

It's been a steady downhill slide since Andrew Wettenhal has taken over. Rumors are that the new suitors include local and Quebecois investors which will be a major plus should this happen.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
14 cuts by the Ticats today.

Green and Capicciotti the 2 big names on the list.

Green is a physical runner but was often dinged up. American running backs are a dime a dozen. They have a few guys including Irons who they drafted they can slot in. They also picked up former Roughrider Cam Marshall.

Capiccotti wasn't too effective last year and was making starter money as a backup. They drafted some d-linemen and have some other young Canucks waiting in the wings like McGough.

Ti-Cats have developed a real strong stable of Canadian talent across the board.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ricky Ray officially calling it a career. Good choice following the injury, it won't be long before he is working on someones staff

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Rumours have the new CBA signed today or tomorrow. Expected but good news regardless.

Edit: CFL has announced a tentative agreement pending players voting and bog approving.

Last edited:

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Good news on the CBA front. No one has anything to gain from a work stoppage or continued sabre rattling.

In 2014 the agreement was reached more than a week after the last one expired so despite people sounding off in the media along the way, this one was not as contentious.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Quebec Alouettes? Don't know if I agree with that. I've always imagined Quebec City possible getting a CFL team somewhere down the line so I don't think Quebec Aloutettes would work.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
There's always been talk of a Quebec City team, but it has only ever been just that. With the Atlantic Schooners seemingly on the verge of becoming the tenth team, I doubt we see a Quebec City franchise any time remotely soon.

Good news for the Als, hopefully this new guy is able to return the franchise to respectability.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Details were released on the setup for Hamilton's Grey Cup in 2021. They will have a huge social-like area behind one end zone for over 3,000 people at a cool $89 per person. I really like the concept!

Pics in the link below.

Tiger-Cats to deliver ‘social stadium experience’ for 2021 Grey Cup

The large patio on the end of the stadium was one of the many things Tim Hortons Field got right when it was built. I'll definitely be sitting in the stands, but this would have been a great alternative for sure

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Okay with the regular season right around the corner, I want to hear some predictions:
1) Standings
2) GC winner
3) MVP
4) Breakout Performer

GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad