CFL: The CFL Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Wasn’t Behar a tough sign out of his draft? I’m pretty sure he’s signed to a hefty contract given his national status and that contract dispute.

Hmm possibly. Tevaun Smith might make him obsolete, so if that's the case then yeah he could be getting the axe.

Reactions: Cloned

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Should be a real slugfest in the West. The Lions badly needed to make a splash to try to reverse fanbase apathy. I for one am paying up to go to the season opener.

The East stinks and got even worse. The league is so small, just please abolish the divisions already.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Davis to the Ticats! I like that

Big add. Gives them a legit threat to get to the QB. Wasn’t too thrilled they retained Tracy but this should help him as he can rotate and be more of a situational guy.

I like they picked up two guys from the Stamps who will bring a winning culture to the dressing room.

Would like them to add another LB. Lots of quality still available.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Davis and Johnson both out on the Stamps D-line. That's a blow, but I'll just assume Hufnagel brings two more stars to camp to replace them until proven otherwise.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Exactly my thoughts. Another LB that can play important minutes and the Defense is more or less sorted for next year.

They signed former TiCat Rico Murray (Ex. RedBlack) this morning. Nice pickup for them.

I liked him the first time he was here, but he seemed to get injured a bunch. After he left for Toronto and subsequently Ottawa, he seemed to shake the injury bug. Played all 18 contests last year for Ottawa. Could play in Unamba's old LB spot. Certainly gives them another option.

ALL-STAR DEFENSIVE BACK MURRAY SIGNS WITH TIGER-CATS – Hamilton Tiger-Cats

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They signed former TiCat Rico Murray (Ex. RedBlack) this morning. Nice pickup for them.

I liked him the first time he was here, but he seemed to get injured a bunch. After he left for Toronto and subsequently Ottawa, he seemed to shake the injury bug. Played all 18 contests last year for Ottawa. Could play in Unamba's old LB spot. Certainly gives them another option.

ALL-STAR DEFENSIVE BACK MURRAY SIGNS WITH TIGER-CATS – Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Yeah just saw that one as well. Great signing, Rico is solid although he does sometimes leak a big play. Hopefully he can find some consistancy this coming season.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Collaros officially names starting QB for the coming year.... this could be very rough for Sask

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
2020 Grey Cup to be announced on Thursday!

Here's hoping the Hammer gets it, although I highly doubt that dream becomes reality!

Reactions: Rocko604

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Lions are getting new uniforms for 2019, as photos for pre-orders for Mike Reilly jerseys are just orange and white t-shirts images with a disclaimer saying they will look different than the photo. Big give away is that our road whites will have black numbers with orange outlines. Haven't seen that since we had the BC LionRaiders jerseys in the 90s/early 00s.

Feb 24, 2017
Lions are getting new uniforms for 2019, as photos for pre-orders for Mike Reilly jerseys are just orange and white t-shirts images with a disclaimer saying they will look different than the photo. Big give away is that our road whites will have black numbers with orange outlines. Haven't seen that since we had the BC LionRaiders jerseys in the 90s/early 00s.
What was ever wrong with these uniforms? The grey helmet is great too.

366ADD3A-BA7D-4AAC-918B-8A0FA5BAE839.jpeg

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Cold rain is worse than snow, I never understood why people say that they prefer rain to snow, at least you don't get wet when it snows. The stadium in Hamilton is fine and probably warmer than Saskatchewan in November.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It was incredibly cold. I went to the Snow game between Ottawa and Edmonton and it wasn’t even half as cold as the one in Hamilton (where it just rained)

Yeah thats unfortunate, rain is always a pain. Over the years I have had some absolutely terrible weathered games there. The main one being the playoffs during the Guelph year.

Still think it is about time we get a GC in the hammer though.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
As many of you may or may not know the NFL is rigged. So I'm a CFL free agent. I was wondering if one of you can point me in the right direction for a team to follow. Preferably one that is know for being tough, great defense, playmakers on offense. None with a QB that gets preferential treatment and cries every time he gets touched or their success is clouded by cheating and peds.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I like the Eskimos myself but that's due to having family in Edmonton more than anything else. If I were you I'd tune into a few games and pick a team based upon that. Enjoy it, for all the flak the CFL gets it's not that bad a league.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
As many of you may or may not know the NFL is rigged. So I'm a CFL free agent. I was wondering if one of you can point me in the right direction for a team to follow. Preferably one that is know for being tough, great defense, playmakers on offense. None with a QB that gets preferential treatment and cries every time he gets touched or their success is clouded by cheating and peds.

Lots of player turnover in the CFL. Teams seldom have one specific identity for more than two or three seasons. I'd maybe avoid Calgary, as they are the closest thing to New England. They tend to get preferential treatment from the video review command centre over the last few years, despite being the best team. I wouldn't recommend my team either, which is the Eskimos. Way too frustrating watching numerous idiotic coaches waste Hall of Fame on-field talents over the years.

Go with Winnipeg or Hamilton. Both franchises are on the upswing and looking to end long championship droughts.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Lots of player turnover in the CFL. Teams seldom have one specific identity for more than two or three seasons. I'd maybe avoid Calgary, as they are the closest thing to New England. They tend to get preferential treatment from the video review command centre over the last few years, despite being the best team. I wouldn't recommend my team either, which is the Eskimos. Way too frustrating watching numerous idiotic coaches waste Hall of Fame on-field talents over the years.

Go with Winnipeg or Hamilton. Both franchises are on the upswing and looking to end long championship droughts.

Did you just recommend someone be a fan of Winnipeg?

Only if he’s a masochist, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->