CFL: The CFL Thread: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I can’t support a player who intentionally targets other players with an intent to injure - especially vulnerable QBs.

I don't think he is targeting with an intent to injure. He goes hard to the whistle that is what he does.

Sometimes he crosses the line but I think it's just cause he plays too close to it, not that he is going out to target other players.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I don't think he is targeting with an intent to injure. He goes hard to the whistle that is what he does.

Sometimes he crosses the line but I think it's just cause he plays too close to it, not that he is going out to target other players.

After he’s targeted his third QB, I think that theory goes out the window

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
After he’s targeted his third QB, I think that theory goes out the window

Sure there are 3 times he has gone over the line, but that's going to happen when you ride the line so tightly. There are many times where he has pulled out over the years as well.

Look i know i'm biased towards Simoni, I often come to his defense on here. When he does stupid plays and does go over the line I totally get the frustrations from other fans and I mirror those. I just don't think he deserves to have his character as a player fully tarnished. It's a sport where bad plays are going to happen.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
The Als never were a comeback team back in the day, but then again, Calvillo was not a normal QB.

I remember one pretty big comeback near the end of his career...one that even 13 men couldn't stop haha.

But seriously, that was probably the biggest late comeback in Grey Cup history, and all anyone remembers is the Riders 13th man blunder. The Als were down 16 in that game with about 6 or 7 minutes left, it's ridiculous that they were even in position to kick a game winning field goal.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
No Collaros was done September 2015, he was never the same after that acl injury.

Yeah the injury in 2015 really killed his career. Although I would say there were some flashes in 2016 and for moments I felt as though there was a fighting chance for him to get back to an elite level.

2017 is when I really gave up on him.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I felt going into this game that Hamilton was the best team in the CFL, I think they've earned that label now.

Winnipeg looked very uninspired. That collapse in Montreal might just have been a season killer. I think the knowledge that Nicholls isn't coming back changed the psychology a little bit as well. That security blanket is gone now, and the passing game is looking DOA under Streveler.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
That Alouettes comeback...... wow.

Vernon Adams and Jake Wieneke looked like Calvillo and Cahoon in the 4th quarter.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Hamilton destroyed Winnipeg last night, but it looked like Banks may be injured (he was limping at the end of the game) and they pulled him for the last 5 minutes of the game. Today is a triple header, I can't wait.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hamilton has in my opinion firmly established themselves as the best team in this league. Straight up dominant performance against what was supposed to be a well rounded Bomber squad.

As for the Bombers, with the schedule they're looking at they need to be aware of the fact that they could go from having a home playoff game to the probable worst case scenario; having to travel to Regina at some point.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Feeling really good about this year for the Cats, they just got to stay healthy now and I think they got a real shot to end the drought.

I did not expect to be feeling this way after Masoli went down. Evans has really stepped up and credit to him for that.

Reactions: sabremike

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Between the Packers and Als, I've seen more than enough terrible play calls in the red zone in one week than one person should experience.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It probably will have no impact on the final standings in the end....

But that was a win pissed away by the Als in Vancouver tonight.

You're down 2. Inside the 10. KICK THE FIELD GOAL!

Don Matthews and Mark Trestman would have kicked in that spot.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
You're down 2. Inside the 10. KICK THE FIELD GOAL!

Don Matthews and Mark Trestman would have kicked in that spot.

Trestman for sure...I don't know about the Don, though. Pretty sure he'd have gambled.

It was the right call IMO. They needed half a yard to ensure they could run the clock to zero and kick a virtually unmissable field goal for the win, or plunge into the endzone with like 30 seconds left. It had at least a 90% chance of success. If they kick the FG, and leave BC ~45 seconds to get into field goal range, they're playing with fire. The Lions would have scrimmaged from their own 35, really only needing about 30 yards to get within Castillo's range. 45 seconds is tons of time to do that, especially knowing you have three downs to work with. Honestly, there's probably a 50/50 chance BC ends up with a game-winning FG attempt in that scenario. It's just not that hard to pick up a few chunks of 7 or 8 yards against a defense that can't risk letting a ball get behind them.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Big night in the Hammer tonight. Win and we clinch that home semi-final game! The bye and home field advantage sounds amazing to me right about now

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sure there are 3 times he has gone over the line, but that's going to happen when you ride the line so tightly. There are many times where he has pulled out over the years as well.

Look i know i'm biased towards Simoni, I often come to his defense on here. When he does stupid plays and does go over the line I totally get the frustrations from other fans and I mirror those. I just don't think he deserves to have his character as a player fully tarnished. It's a sport where bad plays are going to happen.
You must be a huge fan of Burfict.

It's not his fault he plays with intensity and rides the line so close, some times he goes over it but oh well! he's only ended a couple careers so far with play like that!

Simoni is trash, can't wait to see someone catch him with a block like Burfict caught.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

It's not his fault he plays with intensity and rides the line so close, some times he goes over it but oh well! he's only ended a couple careers so far with play like that!

Simoni is trash, can't wait to see someone catch him with a block like Burfict caught.

Thats an out there comparison. Burfict ran off the field bowing kisses at the crowd, showing absolutely no remorse. I would never defend Simoni if he did something like that.

Trash? I'll take his CFL record 17 tackles in one game....

Reactions: sabremike

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

Wow, you're comparing these guys. Simoni has had 1 suspension in 7 and 1/2 seasons, Burfict has had 14 suspensions in 7 seasons, how are they comparable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->