CFL: The CFL thread - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure what the point of having replay if they are going to continually get things wrong when they go to it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
And now a garbage roughing the passer call.

I remember why I stopped watching CFL.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
And hopefully with that last BS call from the refs my FIL will let us change it over to the NCAA games.

An absolutely embarrassing effort from the refs to hand that game to the Esks. As mentioned reminds why I gave up on the CFL.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Sounds like someone is a Stamps fan that doesn't like losing ;)

Not really a fan of any team as I gave up on the CFL a few years ago but bad reffing is bad reffing no matter who is playing.

Also always disgusting to see a team like the Eskimos get handed things by the refs.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not really a fan of any team as I gave up on the CFL a few years ago but bad reffing is bad reffing no matter who is playing.

Also always disgusting to see a team like the Eskimos get handed things by the refs.

I'm just playing. Totally agree with the reffing being off this year. I found it especially annoying when there was illegal contact on the reciever every play last week for the ticats. Its football, the WR and CB should be allowed to touch each other in their battle for the ball.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm just playing. Totally agree with the reffing being off this year. I found it especially annoying when there was illegal contact on the reciever every play last week for the ticats. Its football, the WR and CB should be allowed to touch each other in their battle for the ball.

My real frustration is that I am missing the Stanford/USC or Pitt/PSU games.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
This game has made it quite clear the Mike Reilly is the best QB and best player in the CFL. For the past couple years, it was clear the Bovine Mitchell was able to call a relatively conservative game and produce merely decent numbers as the defense kept opposing offenses' yardage and point totals to a minimum. When the defense falters, as it has today, and Mitchell has to play from behind, it is clear he will make his fair share of mistakes - and turnovers.

Controlling for other variables, Reilly is simply the better QB. He has had to play with less talent and a significantly worse defense over his career then Mitchell, and thus had to play a more risky style - more intermediate and long passes - to compensate for his teammates shortcomings. When Mitchell is put in a similar situation - D giving up lots of yardage and points - he is a comparably worse Qb then Reilly, as we see today. 3 INTs...Yikes

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Reilly performing as he has, without any running game to speak of, just shows what a fantastic Qb he really is. Only 36 yards of offense produced by someone other then him . Nearly 400 yards passing against the best D in league. Incredible. The man can do it all by himself.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Reilly doesn't want a running game because it lets him throw long bombs all games and blame the running game when he can't sustain long drives because his accuracy is shit, just like him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What a BS and yet the scumbag Esks acting like they did something great out there like the scum they are.

Just an true example of what garbage the CFL is horrible one sided reffing to help a team that needed a win win, garbage chucking by a crap QB described as good play.

Thank god that crap is over.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fan of 9-2 team whines about losing game. Oh the irony.

Last i checked throwing for just under 400 yards and 3 TD's is hardly what i call "chucking by a crap QB"

Your team got lit up like a christmas tree. Deal with it.

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Fan of 9-2 team whines about losing game. Oh the irony.

Last i checked throwing for just under 400 yards and 3 TD's is hardly what i call "chucking by a crap QB"

Your team got lit up like a christmas tree. Deal with it.

Not my team I am not a fan of any CFL team.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Still a chance for Edmonton to win the division with this victory, albeit a small one. Their defense does not inspire much confidence.

Reilly the clear winner in the battle of the two top qbs in the league. Mitchell did pass for 492 yards but he gained almost half of those in the final 14 minutes as the Esks were up by 3 scores and went into the dreaded prevent D. He also threw 3 INTs and his passing completion was 54%. Reilly passed for nearly all his 397 yards in the first 3 quarters when the game was legitimately on the line to go with a 68% completion rate and 3 TDs. He also did this against the best D in the league which is all the more impressive.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah that defense is brutal. There's no world where you force like 7 turnovers and still have the opponent almost come back on you. That's all on their defense.

Still, credit to Bo for almost bringing them all the way back. He dug the hole and almost got them out of it.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Still a chance for Edmonton to win the division with this victory, albeit a small one. Their defense does not inspire much confidence.

Reilly the clear winner in the battle of the two top qbs in the league. Mitchell did pass for 492 yards but he gained almost half of those in the final 14 minutes as the Esks were up by 3 scores and went into the dreaded prevent D. He also threw 3 INTs and his passing completion was 54%. Reilly passed for nearly all his 397 yards in the first 3 quarters when the game was legitimately on the line to go with a 68% completion rate and 3 TDs. He also did this against the best D in the league which is all the more impressive.

Bo was on one leg and still a hell better than Reilly.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
lol, sure he is.

Poster claims Reilly is not accurate...Reilly hits on 68% of his passes versus 54% by Mitchell.
Poster claims Reilly can't sustain long drives...Reilly's longest drive was 14 plays vs. 12 for Mitchell.

LOL

This is one game and when the Esks needed that sustained drive in the 4th Reilly repeatedly missed passes including tossing one right into the Stamps defenders arms on the last play setting Calgary up for what should have been the game winning drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad