SinBin: The Case for Eakin

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's not so much for me about what he does or doesn't bring as a 3C, so much as he's getting paid almost 4 million dollars to do it.

That isn't a big deal for us this year or next year but we may want to find a way to get rid of him in that final year.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I have spoken of the greatness of Eakin over six times before the season began!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not shut up about Schmidt, Perron, Eakin... the trio I identified after the draft as the reason why i thought this franchise was heading for an 83 to 91 point season!

heck, I have at least two posts BEFORE the expansion draft extolling the virtues of Eakin and Perron!

My man GM George McPhee simply slamdunked the obvious.

That said,... from about the time Fleury came off of injury in the fall, Eakin has been underperforming offensively and demoted coachingwise.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's not so much for me about what he does or doesn't bring as a 3C, so much as he's getting paid almost 4 million dollars to do it.

That isn't a big deal for us this year or next year but we may want to find a way to get rid of him in that final year.

He's only overpaid by about a million. It's the Clarkson contract that's eating 5m of dead cap over the next 2 years.

He could also be re-signed in his final year at a discount.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Eakin had a front row seat to the Sabres goal yesterday. I mean since he was just cruising and not using his impressive speed to keep up with and cut off BUF's trailer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad