OT: The Carter Hutton Appreciation Thread

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
"Yes, thank you Carter for posting great numbers this year and basically saving our season. I am going to reward you by starting a guy who you have clearly out-played in the most important game of the season tomorrow. Good luck in free agency." - Mike Yeo

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
"Yes, thank you Carter for posting great numbers this year and basically saving our season. I am going to reward you by starting a guy who you have clearly out-played in the most important game of the season tomorrow. Good luck in free agency." - Mike Yeo
The accuracy hurts so much

Reactions: Bendak

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Carter has done more than anything we could have asked for this season and last. I’d love for him to be back next year. But he might be too expensive for us. I wish him the best if he leaves.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

I still want to know whose family he kidnapped and locked up in his closet to get the kind of contract and term that he got with the Blues.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I appreciate having Carter Hutton on the Blues, thus my creation of this thread. He's been more than a backup for us and the team seems to pull together more for him. Hell, show me the last time Patrik Berglund put up a Hat Trick with Jake Allen in goal... or EVAR. So... yeah. I'm praying we extend Hutton. Thank you, Carter!!!
Feb 17, 2017 against the Canadiens

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Yeo and Army can’t go with Jake tonight, can they?
Like...there’s no conceivable explanation for turning to Allen for the Colorado clash. None.

You ride Hutton until a limb falls off at this point...don’t you have to?

Reactions: HighNote and Bendak

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
It's a crime that Allen is starting over him in our most crucial game of the season. Hutton has been unbelievable this season.

I agree. In most cases there isn't any advantage in naming your starter ahead of time. If Yeo had waited, he would have still left an opening to start Hutton today. Naming Allen the starter in advance was pointless. What more does Hutton need to do?

Really appreciate all Hutton has done for this team this year. He deserves a nice contract next year from someone.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Many thanks to Hutts.

He's exceeded all expectations and, from a goaltender perspective, is the only reason we even have a chance to get into the playoffs.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

I'm a habs fan.
I don't really care about the blues one way or another (no offense). But I've been impressed by his season and thought I'd reply saying how much I agree.

I couldn't believe Allen was starting after he blew they lead against Chicago this week

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'm a habs fan.
I don't really care about the blues one way or another (no offense). But I've been impressed by his season and thought I'd reply saying how much I agree.

I couldn't believe Allen was starting after he blew they lead against Chicago this week

We would love to keep Hutton and trade Allen. We have a great goalie in the AHL that will be ready soon and Hutts can carry us for a few years until he is ready. Hutts isn't fancy, but he is reliable, solid, and a team guy. Sadly, our coach and GM appear to be clueless.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
We would love to keep Hutton and trade Allen. We have a great goalie in the AHL that will be ready soon and Hutts can carry us for a few years until he is ready. Hutts isn't fancy, but he is reliable, solid, and a team guy. Sadly, our coach and GM appear to be clueless.

It seems to me that management wishes to steer the course they have set fully, no matter if it's the right idea or wrong. I expect Mike Yeo and Jake Allen to complete their contracts and expect Carter Hutton to be gone, along with God knows who else. It seems more an issue that Armstrong wishes to prove he's right and burn down the team than to fix the problem now. This is the same guy who signs crazy contracts on knee-jerk reactions with short data to support his rationale. Jori Lehtera is a prime example of this. The faster they change regimes, the better.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
It's unreal how management has treated Elliott and Hutton for basically carrying the team on their backs at points in their career as a Blue while Jake got a free pass to millions of dollars and the starting position handed to him on a silver platter for doing jack shit other than making that stick save in that Calgary game.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It seems to me that management wishes to steer the course they have set fully, no matter if it's the right idea or wrong. I expect Mike Yeo and Jake Allen to complete their contracts and expect Carter Hutton to be gone, along with God knows who else. It seems more an issue that Armstrong wishes to prove he's right and burn down the team than to fix the problem now. This is the same guy who signs crazy contracts on knee-jerk reactions with short data to support his rationale. Jori Lehtera is a prime example of this. The faster they change regimes, the better.

I am all for Armstrong bashing, but I also love point out internally contradictory arguments. So I am really torn.....

I'll just put this here and leave you to sort it out:

A. You say Allen and Yeo will serve out there contracts because Armstrong will burn down the team rather than fix a bad signing.
B. As your prime example, you use Jori Lehtera, who the Armstrong paid a heavy price to jettison for an upgrade

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I am all for Armstrong bashing, but I also love point out internally contradictory arguments. So I am really torn.....

I'll just put this here and leave you to sort it out:

A. You say Allen and Yeo will serve out there contracts because Armstrong will burn down the team rather than fix a bad signing.
B. As your prime example, you use Jori Lehtera, who the Armstrong paid a heavy price to jettison for an upgrade

A contract that Armstrong signed in the -first- place. How is that not the management equivalent of double work? Overpaid by money -and- term to sign with a NHL season's worth of data, and Overpaid to get rid of.

Jake Allen has not been Jori Lehtera terrible, let's make that clear. He's had moments of greatness and moments of meh. Mike Yeo could be argued as having s*** for a coaching staff and what he needs is a better staff around him, the PP for one clearly points to this. There's not enough reason to dump them from the mind of Armstrong, even if a better option is there to be had. He is committed and unless they go the way of Lehtera, it won't be humored. AFAIC, I'd lose both of them, but that's my opinion and I'm not the only one. I don't see the fire or competancy to win from either.

Armstrong is the best GM if you want to rebuild your team. Once it's rebuilt and playoff worthy, you need to find another GM because it becomes wash-rinse-repeat until the core is whittled down to rebuild mode.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jake Allen has not been Jori Lehtera terrible, let's make that clear. He's had moments of greatness and moments of meh.

Allen hasn't been Lehterä terrible, but he has been one of the worst NHL #1 goaltender starter in this season. I say he was proven #1 goaltender last season when he won 1 playoff series and I believed he could improve his game from that, but all what he has showed he has clearly regressed from that.

Allen at this point is goaltender who is burden for Blues not the gift of heaven.

Jake Allen #1 proven goaltender

If we want get rid off Allen we need to give something to make them interested of Allen. Allen + 2n/3rd round pick for ? goaltender/forward/dmen prospect.

Last edited:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Allen hasn't been Lehterä terrible, but he has been one of the worst NHL #1 goaltender starter in this season. I say he was proven #1 goaltender last season when he won 1 playoff series and I believed he could improve his game from that, but all what he has showed he has clearly regressed from that.

Allen at this point is goaltender who is burden for Blues not the gift of heaven.

Jake Allen #1 proven goaltender

If we want get rid off Allen we need to give something to make them interested of Allen. Allen + 2n/3rd round pick for ? goaltender/forward/dmen prospect.

Works for me. BTW, If the last part of one of my paragraphs didn't catch your eye, let me make it clear that I am against Jake Allen staying with the Blues. Never saw what others saw in him before, seeing less of it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->