Speculation: The Carey Price dliemma.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
"experts" are citing the play in series vs Pitt last year as proof Price can still hack it. That was a shell of a Pens team that had nothing going for them.

For the first time since I don't know when, I have more confidence that Price will let in an early stinker in game 1 than our guy.
The thing that gets overlooked in that Pens series is that both teams were off for months. It was practically a fresh new season for both teams. The Carey Price of this year hasn't played a NHL game in over a month and is facing a NHL team in full form. That's not to say that Price can't come in and shut the door, it's just very unlikely for goaltenders to do that with that long of a break.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
he couldnt make saves vs our sucky ahl squad... and his reaction in their practice shows where his head is at ...he's being forced back early, he's not ready to return is my best guess.

weeweeballs

Jan 22, 2021
He's not a concern. If he can duplicate his play from last year's play in then good on him but I doubt it.

Since Habs fans are pinning any hope of winning the series on him playing lights out, I'm really hoping he lets in a stinker early to watch the meltdown.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
The Leafs will make Price Pay.
upload_2021-5-20_9-18-1.png

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
This is said in my best iron man voice:
You have a Cary price? We have a hulk, err a Matthews!
Chiarot will be draped on Matthews but I think papi is going to give him some smack down

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
He can single handedly win this series like he did last year against Pittsburgh. The Leafs are obviously the far better team, but if Price can be Price then Montreal can win this series.

Reactions: sbhatt

Mr Papagoergyo

Feb 17, 2019
Media has insisted on building up Price for the last week and a bit. Not seeing it just like Freddy not sure they can expect him jump in and be fantastic.

Reactions: x-bob

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
If I were Montreal, goals would be: 1. Build wall around Price. 2. Patiently wait for Marner to make pretty play that doesn't work. 3. Dump the puck in Reilly's end and forecheck.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
If I were Montreal, goals would be: 1. Build wall around Price. 2. Patiently wait for Marner to make pretty play that doesn't work. 3. Dump the puck in Reilly's end and forecheck.

most likely. Montreal defense isn’t small by any means. Our forwards are like 6 feet average. Habs defense is like 6’3 6’4

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Patiently wait for a pinch by the defense where you can counter with an odd man rushes.

But I agree if I was an opposing team I'd play risk free hockey and wait for a mistake that leads to an opportunity.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
told yall i wanted winnipeg in the first round. Playoff Price is looking solid. I am glad he didnt shut us out. Its going to be tough to beat him this series but we have the firepower and Campbell can rise to the challenge

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Price was good but was he great? I watched about a period and he made one big save... but if Marner went high he has no chance...got to be good to be lucky.

Thought the Leafs looked bad in general and it wouldn't have really mattered who was in net... they probably would've lost or lost most of the time. See the Columbus series... at some point we gotta stop thinking we are being stymied by sensation goaltending and start looking at the team.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Team needs to stop being p***yes and crash the net.

Philadelphia beat Price and the Scabs last year. Zero excuse we can't either.

Two points:

1) The Habs are not a great team, but they are a much better team than the trade deadline selloff version of last year that played Philly.

2) Price was simply amazing last year against Philly. Weird flunky deflected goals were basically the only things that got passed him in that series.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
told yall i wanted winnipeg in the first round. Playoff Price is looking solid. I am glad he didnt shut us out. Its going to be tough to beat him this series but we have the firepower and Campbell can rise to the challenge

I mean, Hellebuyck is stonewalling Edmonton and McDavid right now so is that really a better option?

Leafs need to figure out how to score in the playoffs and stop blaming a hot goalie for their misfortunes. Piss or get off the pot.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Price was good but was he great? I watched about a period and he made one big save... but if Marner went high he has no chance...got to be good to be lucky.

Thought the Leafs looked bad in general and it wouldn't have really mattered who was in net... they probably would've lost or lost most of the time. See the Columbus series... at some point we gotta stop thinking we are being stymied by sensation goaltending and start looking at the team.
Price had a few more highlight reel saves. Thats it. As usual the media is over hyping it.

Sentinels

Apr 1, 2009
It is not the highlight reel saves that makes Price one of best when he is on. It is the fact he doesn't have to because he is in the right position and has great rebound control reducing additional scoring chances.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I mean, Hellebuyck is stonewalling Edmonton and McDavid right now so is that really a better option?

Leafs need to figure out how to score in the playoffs and stop blaming a hot goalie for their misfortunes. Piss or get off the pot.

True. they have probably the ONLY goaltending duel in the playoffs between Helle and Mike Smith! Both Oilers and Jets seem evenly matched despite what the series says..either team will give the Leafs a worthy challenge

I am glad we cracked Price. Hopefully they put in Allen for Game 3. We beat their best and that wasnt even the Leafs at their BEST. They can score 6+ goals when they are really on fire. Matthews can score 4 on his own

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Most overrated player in the league. Who cares?

If the leafs can’t beat the worst playoff team there is this year, especially after them being up 3-1 at one point, they need some serious changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad