Speculation: The Carey Price dliemma.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The Leafs are set to play Game 1 in the first round against Montreal on thursday.

Carey Price was sent to the Laval rockets on loan as a warmup for the playoffs since has been injured for quite a long time.

He played the Leaf's AHL Affiliate the Marlie's and allowed 2 goals on the first 4 shots putting up a .886 save percentage. Being a good AHL Player doesn't translate to being a good NHL Player obviously and the same can be said the other way around for Goalies as the defense is usually not the best.

As a Leafs fan let me know about your thoughts on going up against Carey Price in the Playoffs.

As with Andersen. just repeatedly shoot at the top half of the net and it's a goal fest. Both guys spend more time on their knees than Jenna Jameson.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He obviously has that wealth of playoff experience that just about none of our goalies do (and that very much applies to our starter). That isn't exactly the be all and end all though. It's nearly impossible for a goalie to win games for his team with regularity. Conversely, it's not so unreasonable to expect a goalie to keep his team in the game and provide them with that chance to win. As a team on paper, the Leafs should be favoured to win and then follow through on that projection when they take to the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
An injured Price vs Matthew's, who always lights him up, would be fine with me. Price was a great goalie years ago, not so much anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the Habs put Allen in by game 3. He's the better goalie at this point. And I think Price is a very good goalie.

Reactions: Ciao

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He's been awful this year and Matthews just won the Rocket with Marner's complementary top 5 point finish, I won't be flippant about his track record but I'm not really shaking in my boots either.

Reactions: Ciao

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The Carey price dilemma matthews faces is whether to snipe him up high glove side or fool him and go low through his 5 hole?

Tough choices for the best Goal scorer in the league.

Reactions: banks

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Goalies in the playoffs are always a roll of the dice.

Other than maybe Hasek back in the day, there’s not a single goalie I’d be worried about specifically. Goalie performances are so weirdly varied and inconsistent, even between rounds.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
OT, but WOW!, that is a solid cover. :laugh: I love it when musicians cover a song and make it completely different.

One of those occasions (they are rare) where I find the cover steals the song from the original. Like Hendrix with Bob Dylan's All Along The Watchtower.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
The Leafs are set to play Game 1 in the first round against Montreal on thursday.

Carey Price was sent to the Laval rockets on loan as a warmup for the playoffs since has been injured for quite a long time.

He played the Leaf's AHL Affiliate the Marlie's and allowed 2 goals on the first 4 shots putting up a .886 save percentage. Being a good AHL Player doesn't translate to being a good NHL Player obviously and the same can be said the other way around for Goalies as the defense is usually not the best.

As a Leafs fan let me know about your thoughts on going up against Carey Price in the Playoffs.
Our goalie(s) better be better then him.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Last two years price has been at or above .933% for both playoffs.

I hope our forwards can actually score goals unlike vs Columbus.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
No more excuses we have to find a way .. where there is a will there is a way .. Price 1st, Helle 2nd, Vasi 3rd and Flower 4th lets bring it on baby .. we have to beat all da best tenders to win a Cup

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Last two years price has been at or above .933% for both playoffs.

I hope our forwards can actually score goals unlike vs Columbus.

We should assume that Price will elevate his game in the playoffs as he always has throughout his career. The games will be much closer than they were in the regular season.

We should still be able to win the series if Campbell plays to his capabilities, but it's not going to be easy. The boys are going to have to earn it.

Reactions: Garthinater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->