The Carey Price Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Zero teams win the Cup without size.

We have plenty of size.

Small size. ;)

But seriously, we have more small (ie 5'10 or less players than the majority of teams in the league, maybe all).

But we have plenty of big players too, so the whole Habs=small is overstated.

Carey Cost*

Zero teams win the Cup without size.

Can we at least reach the ecf's before talking about stanley cups??

we do have some size.. Prust, White, Moen. Tinordi if needed.Bouillon can fight. I mean we are the heaviest team but damn bro everything starts from behind with your goalie.. Boston has had size for 30 years and they won only 1 cup. Give me abreak with the size argument.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
We have plenty of size.

Small size. ;)

But seriously, we have more small (ie 5'10 or less players than the majority of teams in the league, maybe all).

But we have plenty of big players too, so the whole Habs=small is overstated.

We didn't lose 5-1 or 7-3 because we are small. If they were hard fought one goal games I could see a point....

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com

we do have some size.. Prust, White, Moen. Tinordi if needed.Bouillon can fight. I mean we are the heaviest team but damn bro everything starts from behind with your goalie.. Boston has had size for 30 years and they won only 1 cup. Give me abreak with the size argument.

Things start with your goalie, yes, but if players are given a free pass to the net, there's nothing your goalie will be able to do about it. These are the best players on the planet.

People will try to drive Carey Price out of town before we make the ECFs. With a lack of size on our top two lines and on defense, we won't have that option. Price will be blamed before we get there and we need the size to make the ECFs.

Our top 6 forwards and our top 4 D aren't made up of tough players with size. Emelin is the only one. Subban is another but he's more pure heart than girth.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
We didn't lose 5-1 or 7-3 because we are small. If they were hard fought one goal games I could see a point....

Yeah, I agree, I was responding to him saying that no team win the cup without size. I honestly don't think our size is a problem whatsoever.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis

Prust and White aren't big and Moen is ****.

Crystal Met

Dec 2, 2007
wow he had red eyes when Marc Denis was talking about him and he was sitting next to him on the bench... altought it must sucks.. you know you<re having a rough strech, and the guy is next to you talking in another language saying Carey Price blablalabla

cdavis*

Reputable hockey minds don't count games in pairs.

You registered an account only to say the most asinine thing imaginable?

You'll fit right in.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many posts someone has, or where they start.

Craig Davis will say what he wants, when he wants, how he wants.

This is a Carey Price Discussion Thread. Carey Price is playing TERRIBLY, so we're all discussing it.

The bottom line is this: in the past two games, he's played 49:61. In those minutes, he's let in NINE GOALS over the course of only 33 shots! That save percentage is 73% (rounded up).

You say 'Reputable hockey minds don't count games in pairs.'. If that's what you think, fine, but the fact of the matter is that those are not professional numbers and these past two games is just showing what I've been saying for years, Carey Price IS NOT the elite goalie every one thinks he is.

The difference between an elite franchise goaltender and a journeyman is consistency, Price is not consistent.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

I was going to respond to you in earnest but did you really refer to yourself in the third person and by name and expect to be taken seriously?

He had a bad game against the Leafs and an unfortunate start tonight. What else is there to say?

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
I was going to respond to you in earnest but did you really refer to yourself in the third person and by name and expect to be taken seriously?

He had a bad game against the Leafs and an unfortunate start tonight. What else is there to say?

Let's trade him for a career backup who has marginally better stats in 1/4th of the games played!!!

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I am an ardent unapologetic Price supporter. I believe he has the tools to be something really special. My posting history on him would mete that out.

Having said that, we've seen this story before. It doesn't end well. Flukey goals leads to bad goals leads to a total team collapse. I'm hoping that he and his D can put it together in time to make a run. History says to expect otherwise. I'm not expecting a Cup run this year, but I expect there to be a better compete level from the whole team than we are currently seeing. I expect the people that get paid the most to be our best players. That starts with Mr. Price.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Yeah, I agree, I was responding to him saying that no team win the cup without size. I honestly don't think our size is a problem whatsoever.

:facepalm:

size and physicality is a problem. Our bigger players don't go to the net, while the small ones do. Our D is on the smaller side and can't clear the net. Size and physicality is a HUGE factor. I frankly don't understand how anyone can't see that.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many posts someone has, or where they start.

This is a Carey Price Discussion Thread. Carey Price is playing TERRIBLY, so we're all discussing it.

The bottom line is this: in the past two games, he's played 49:61. In those minutes, he's let in NINE GOALS over the course of only 33 shots! That save percentage is 73% (rounded up).

You say 'Reputable hockey minds don't count games in pairs.'. If that's what you think, fine, but the fact of the matter is that those are not professional numbers and these past two games is just showing what I've been saying for years, Carey Price IS NOT the elite goalie every one thinks he is.

The difference between an elite franchise goaltender and a journeyman is consistency, Price is not consistent.

Price played terribly in Toronto.

He did not play terribly tonight. The man faced like six ****ing breakaways. Good teams barely give up any. He had some really misfortunate luck on the first 2 goals and instead of being rattled, crawling in a hole and dying, he held the fort until we tied it back up. Then defense went MIA once again and before you know it, we're down 6-3.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price played terribly in Toronto.

He did not play terribly tonight. The man faced like six ****ing breakaways. Good teams barely give up any. He had some really misfortunate luck on the first 2 goals and instead of being rattled, crawling in a hole and dying, he held the fort until we tied it back up. Then defense went MIA once again and before you know it, we're down 6-3.
He was awful in TO. No doubt.

Tonight I agree, we just left him to fend for himself it was absolutely ridiculous. That being said, he still could've played better.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He was awful in TO. No doubt.

Tonight I agree, we just left him to fend for himself it was absolutely ridiculous. That being said, he still could've played better.

He still could have played better on the 2nd goal.. the other ones, I don't blame him for at all. If he was at the top of his game, he might have one or two of those saves. But to ask him to make those saves during a period of time where he is struggling and his confidence isn't really high.. I'm not going to do that. The team needs to pull up its socks and insulate him better right now. They need to give him some easy shots to start the game to find a groove and confidence again.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Size isn't the issue with this team at all.

I think Price letting in so many easy ones is deflating the team.

Not knocking him as a goalie, although these past two games are probably the worst two game back-to-back by a goalie in a really long time. Especially of his calibre. Hoping he can put it all together soon, whatever the reason is. Part of me feels like he needs a Patrick Roy 11-1 loss, really hit rock bottom then rise up. I feel like one of these days Therrien is the type of coach who's gonna let that happen.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
If it were up to me I want his confidence to hit bottom NOW before the playoffs. The timing is perfect, he could very well be back to form (if not, better) by game 1 of the PO and fresh for a wave of W's.

The debate in here should be not whether Price is our number 1 nor if he's our goalie moving forward. If you are asking this question please have a warm glass of milk and go to bed.

What needs to be asked is this: how does MT get him out of this ''slump''? (and really, he wasn't at his best tonight but many of the goals were not his fault).

To keep keep playing him or to have him rest the next game or two? I say PLAY but there are so many variables in this that the coaches know best (seems like communication is a strong point this year)

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
I'm really just completely sick and tired of this absurd fixation with size we have. Every single loss gets chalked up to grit and how we're "too small for the playoffs".

It's infuriating.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If it were up to me I want his confidence to hit bottom NOW before the playoffs. The timing is perfect, he could very well be back to form (if not, better) by game 1 of the PO and fresh for a wave of W's.

The debate in here should be not whether Price is our number 1 nor if he's our goalie moving forward. If you are asking this question please have a warm glass of milk and go to bed.

What needs to be asked is this: how does MT get him out of this ''slump''? (and really, he wasn't at his best tonight but many of the goals were not his fault).

To keep keep playing him or to have him rest the next game or two? I say PLAY but there are so many variables in this that the coaches know best (seems like communication is a strong point this year)

He's gotta keep playing. If you were gonna sit him, it should have been tonight. He's in a slump and it's going to be a couple more games like this until he is out of it. Be prepared for a lot of L's until the end of the season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's gotta keep playing. If you were gonna sit him, it should have been tonight. He's in a slump and it's going to be a couple more games like this until he is out of it. Be prepared for a lot of L's until the end of the season.
I would play him in Pittsburgh. If he gives up some early goals, pull him. He needs to just get out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad