The Cap world - most likely expansion destinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Houston is easily the most logical choice.

There's lots of people living in the area, lots of big companies reside there and the rivalry with Dallas would flame instantly.

No other place makes as much sense.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
hockydude5000 said:
I expect Oklahoma City to get an AHL franchise (Kansas City affiliate) before they get an NHL team.
I'm thinking Colorado is looking at both cities for an AHL affiliate as soon as next year.

newhavenbeast

Oct 24, 2005
ct/ma
Pepper said:
Houston is easily the most logical choice.

There's lots of people living in the area, lots of big companies reside there and the rivalry with Dallas would flame instantly.

No other place makes as much sense.

I think there are plenty of other places that make a lot of sense. And if its rivalry you want, Hartford is the place. Earlier, someone mentioned a rivalry with the hurricanes. And don't forget all the other rivalries they used to have (Bruins, Rangers, Sabres, etc).

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
hockydude5000 said:
Wetcoaster said:
A B C

Anywhere But Canada - the Bettman rule.
CONTRADICTION: the Ottawa Senators: didn't you forget that Bettman (that's right, "stinky old" Bettman) was commissioner when this expansion team began in 1992-93. Man, do people forget.

Actually nope.

Bettman didn't become commish until Feb 1, 2003 - over 4 months after the Sens started playing.

I know Bettman haters can't get over it, but GB had absolutrely nothing to do with the first round of 90's expansion. SJ, TB, OTT, ANA, and FLA were all approved by the league before Bettman.

But never let facts get in the way of a perfectly good rant.

EliCash

Aug 2, 2005
Boston
Metallian said:
KC will NEVER get another NHL team

ever

not a remote chance of it

Reason, please? Last I heard the city was looking for another tenant to fill its new arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->