The Canucks are falling apart

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Perhaps New Execs Daniel and Henrik Sedin can prevail upon their old friend Louie Eriksson to retire thereby freeing up 6M next year for Benning to play with.
Eriksson should tell his old friends that Benning needs to eat what he cooks and won't be retiring any time soon.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If benning gets an extension, it only fuels the idea further that he is the ultimate "yes man" for their owner.

Reactions: David71

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
And your point being? Does my fandom of multiple teams cause Benning to make all his poor decision?

Do you cheer for both teams when the Oilers and Canucks play or do you just pick whoever happens to win that night? When the Kraken join the league you will be cheering for 3 teams in the same divison. Those are a lot of "split" affairs for yourself.

My point was that you are welcome to cheer for another team if you want and I also question you being a "fan" at all with the above predicament.

Reactions: Vancouver_2010

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Do you cheer for both teams when the Oilers and Canucks play or do you just pick whoever happens to win that night? When the Kraken join the league you will be cheering for 3 teams in the same divison. Those are a lot of "split" affairs for yourself.

My point was that you are welcome to cheer for another team if you want and I also question you being a "fan" at all with the above predicament.
You can question me being a "fan" all you want. To me i don't see a problem of cheering for more than a team; If you don't like it, then so be it. If they play against each other, i will watch the game as if i am a neutral fan and cheer when either team scores.

Like i said, cheer for Benning and his failure all you want, but i no longer want to be tortured any longer. I will become a canucks fan again once Benning is gone.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Game 6 actually

I'm so glad to have seen game 5 downtown, and so glad I didn't go for game 6 and 7, heh. What a fun night game 5 was. I'm amazed that after the game we got into the Railway Club without having to stand in a lineup. They were technically not letting people in, but they were in between bands, so they reluctantly let us stay. Gotta love a bar where you can open the windows and yell Go Canucks to the people cheering outside.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Aquilini is a cheap as owner who’s paying child support to endless amounts of women
What does this have to do with anything???. The Hughes/EP contracts will be huge this off season and a good indication of what we will see iced next season

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
You can question me being a "fan" all you want. To me i don't see a problem of cheering for more than a team; If you don't like it, then so be it. If they play against each other, i will watch the game as if i am a neutral fan and cheer when either team scores.

Like i said, cheer for Benning and his failure all you want, but i no longer want to be tortured any longer. I will become a canucks fan again once Benning is gone.

I don't cheer for Benning.. I cheer for the Canucks. I went on a little monologue earlier in the thread about that. If you don't want to be tortured why did you pick BOTH the OILERS and the CANUCKS? Double torture activated. I mean pick a team in the west and one in the east and I totally get the multi-team fandom thing but it's a doozy supporting nearly half of one division.

Good luck to all your teams next season!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vancouver_2010

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I don't cheer for Benning.. I cheer for the Canucks. I went on a little monologue earlier in the thread about that. If you don't want to be tortured why did you pick BOTH the OILERS and the CANUCKS? Double torture activated. I mean pick a team in the west and one in the east and I totally get the multi-team fandom thing but it's a doozy supporting nearly half of one division.

Good luck to all your teams next season!
If you cheer for the canucks, you would not want Benning to be in place. And good point, that is double torture :(

Feb 19, 2018

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Gotta love the narrative that you have to blindly support a bad GM to be a true fan.

Imagine implying that same logic in every aspect of life

Reactions: kevinsane

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Gotta love the narrative that you have to blindly support a bad GM to be a true fan.

Imagine implying that same logic in every aspect of life
Look Ma', a Straw man.

Nobody supports every move Benning has made, particularly in the past.

But hfcanucks has this toxic mentality where any nuance, anyone who points to the core and sees some positives is treated as a pollyannaish dope. It's the opposite of honest discussion, it's a negative echo chamber and it's pointless.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Look Ma', a Straw man.

But hfcanucks has this toxic mentality where any nuance, anyone who points to the core and sees some positives is treated as a pollyannaish dope. It's the opposite of honest discussion, it's a negative echo chamber and it's pointless.
Thank you so much. Like, look the vast majority of us want a regime change. But I also don't want to come out of Canucks discussion feeling more depressed than after reading about the imminent collapse of civilization.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Look Ma', a Straw man.

Sorry, we’re all on this plane together. Forgive us if we notice the pilot and the copilot both ate the fish.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
It amazes me how sports mangers or media personalities can get so obese when they communicate with trainers and athletes everyday. I was shocked at how bad Benning looked at the draft lottery this year.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Canucks had a nice point in the season where they went to town on Ottawa and had a big 5-game win streak. They looked pretty good in those games and last season they had some fun `90's Night games. They have potential :nod:

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Man there are a lot of dysfunctional organizations in the NHL right now. Ottawa, Rangers, Buffalo and now Vancouver
Every month its a new "worst run franchise in the league". Don't forget Arizona too. How much of it is fan overreaction and how much of it is incompetent management I don't know but it is really strange. Can't be good for the health of the league if a quarter of its teams are a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad