The Canucks are falling apart

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Ownership has to go, until that happens, things won't change.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
You cheer(ed) for the Canucks and the Oilers and have a Kraken logo as your profile picture. On top of that you're now jumping ship. There is a difference between being a fan and being a you.
Unquestioning lifelong fandom is something greedy owners use to profit off you. This is a business, you're not obligated to give Francesco Aquillini your money

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Unquestioning lifelong fandom is something greedy owners use to profit off you. This is a business, you're not obligated to give Francesco Aquillini your money
Its why they like the dumbest of fans and then get them to repeat the "you always support the team and bozo management or u bad"

Reactions: I am toxic

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg

I am a Vancouver Canucks fan first and foremost. In my world it doesn't matter who owns it, who plays for it, or who runs it. Doesn't matter if they win or lose, that's my team forever. Wouldn't waiver it for any reason. If that makes me a dumb consumer, I'll happily be one. The dumber the better.

There is a huge distinction between those things for me because sports isn't about 12 dollar hot dogs and trophies - it's about the emotions of watching your team through success and failure. The ups and downs. For every failure, the sweeter that success feels. Man were we close to that success in 2011. Francesco Aquilini and his family sure remembers that day, and so do I. They have consistently used every mean possible to put this team in the best possible situation for success. More so than most owners in this league. They too are lifelong fans.

Perhaps you should review what the Aquillins have done for the city of Vancouver and the Canucks over all these years instead of spewing putrid on a message board. Cheer for the team or don't. I'll cheer for this team for the rest of my life.

A lot of fans will be taking a break until Benning is gone and then returning.

To have fans jumping ship after this very unusual season is embarrassing. Good riddance. The definition of bandwagoners.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I am a Vancouver Canucks fan first and foremost. In my world it doesn't matter who owns it, who plays for it, or who runs it. Doesn't matter if they win or lose, that's my team forever. Wouldn't waiver it for any reason. If that makes me a dumb consumer, I'll happily be one. The dumber the better.

There is a huge distinction between those things for me because sports isn't about 12 dollar hot dogs and trophies - it's about the emotions of watching your team through success and failure. The ups and downs. For every failure, the sweeter that success feels. Man were we close to that success in 2011. Francesco Aquilini and his family sure remembers that day, and so do I. They have consistently used every mean possible to put this team in the best possible situation for success. More so than most owners in this league. They too are lifelong fans.

Perhaps you should review what the Aquillins have done for the city of Vancouver and the Canucks over all these years instead of spewing putrid on a message board. Cheer for the team or don't. I'll cheer for this team for the rest of my life.

To have fans jumping ship after this very unusual season is embarrassing. Good riddance. The definition of bandwagoners.

HF represents a VERY small portion of Vancouver fans. With the potential for fans being back in the arena next year its very likely that nothing will change. This is a top earning team and will continue to be

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

Must be nice to live like you.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
The thing that people ignore when looking at Toffoli is that he is 29 years old and up until this year was averaging 45 points per year and had broken 50 points once. He was on the open market for more than a week and no other team offered him what he got. It is not like there was no risk in signing him to a 4 year 17 million dollar deal. In hindsight, it was a steal , as he broke out into a career year, and MTL comes out like bandits. I'm happy for Toffoli, but it is far from common to expect a 29 year old to put up career highs in every stat category.

but we ended up signing tanner pearson, who is the same age and has NEVER broken 45 points

their contracts, which are only one million apart, expire at the same time

i mean

Reactions: Bougieman

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I don't have any issues with people saying that they won't put money into the team until there's change. Those people don't stop becoming fans, but they're well within their rights to protest as they see fit, regardless of your opinion on Benning and ownership.

I do take issue with people jumping ship to other teams. Not sure those people were genuine fans in the first place.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

upload_2021-5-21_21-11-30.gif

Not sarcastic

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Buyouts on the table, only to spend the space it clears up on more bloat contracts so Benning can extend his job like the cockroach he is.

I don't really see any contracts the Canucks really need to buy out here? Eriksson perhaps, but he has one year left? Anyone with the TL;DR?

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Just wanted to remind everyone that there has never been a rebuild at any point in Benning's tenure. Nor does it sound like Benning/Aqua intend to start a rebuild now.

Any argument that assumes there's been some sort of rebuild in the past 7 years is automatically wrong.

The myth that "the Canucks are rebuilding or have rebuilt" needs to die.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Title is misleading. Falling apart? The covid problem killed their season and the never recovered. Canucks had a good ten year run and are now rebuilding.

Pure speculation by people on Twitter who are paid to cause problems

Pretty much what was summed up here by the Owner today. The stuff they couldn’t control greatly outweighed the stuff they could control.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Pretty much what was summed up here by the Owner today. The stuff they couldn’t control greatly outweighed the stuff they could control.

Talking up 9 of the players is the kind of middle-ground I think is a bit risky, tbh. But I don't "have a horse in this race" or whatever you would call it.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
You cheer(ed) for the Canucks and the Oilers and have a Kraken logo as your profile picture. On top of that you're now jumping ship. There is a difference between being a fan and being a you.
And your point being? Does my fandom of multiple teams cause Benning to make all his poor decision?

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I would suggest reading up on what Covid does to a person to see how bad it was for them.

OK, if this is the group who had the worst Covid you gave the explanation for why they were mentioned. This wasn't obvious to someone like me. As you kindly pointed out.

Reactions: Dolemite

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't understand how that one tweet in the OP is at all relevant, it appears to be some random fan saying guys will ask for trades. Same with the other tweet early on claiming a player was flying straight home.

Reactions: Bougieman

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Perhaps New Execs Daniel and Henrik Sedin can prevail upon their old friend Louie Eriksson to retire thereby freeing up 6M next year for Benning to play with.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad