Speculation: The Canadiens Could’ve Had The Best Defense Tandem In The League

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Reputation goes a long way in spreading this myth.

Subban is every bit as good as Doughty, but you don’t hear it because of bias. Whether it’s a race thing, an anti-Montreal bias, a hate of Subban’s persona/energy, it all comes together.

Anyone that can rationally step back, watch the players play can see this.

I think we know that we haven't come far enough as a society and a sport to fully embrace PK Subban. Plus, old views die hard and people are convinced that PK is bad defensively when he's really absolutely amazing defensively.

Just by trading Weber for Subban, you can notice just how many elements of Subban's game is missed, in every facet of the game.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Don't know if I'd go that far. If PK and Markov were still in Montreal along with Sergachev, Mete likely does not make the team this year.

If you add McDO and Bring back Emelin you can go that far.

McDo-Subban
Markov-Sergachev
Mete-Emelin

Is a very good defense top 5 easily. With a defense like that you don't necessarily need a great offense. All players drafted by us.

But hey who needs to trust young players without rispek and karakter when you can get good vets from other teams and ***** instead?

No rispek those kids. I tell you kids these days no rispek. No karakter.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I think we know that we haven't come far enough as a society and a sport to fully embrace PK Subban. Plus, old views die hard and people are convinced that PK is bad defensively when he's really absolutely amazing defensively.

Just by trading Weber for Subban, you can notice just how many elements of Subban's game is missed, in every facet of the game.

There isn’t a day that goes by where it doesn’t disgust and totally piss me off that he’s no longer a Hab.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There isn’t a day that goes by where it doesn’t disgust and totally piss me off that he’s no longer a Hab.

The defining, monumental blunder of Bergevin's sorry tenure. No matter what he does, he'll never fix it.

Still hopefull that Subban becomes available when a new GM comes in. Or maybe, Subban will become our next GM. :sarcasm:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The defining, monumental blunder of Bergevin's sorry tenure. No matter what he does, he'll never fix it.

Still hopefull that Subban becomes available when a new GM comes in. Or maybe, Subban will become our next GM. :sarcasm:

That’s the day he lost me.

I had long started to doubt him (Subban contract nego’s were a huge strike against) but he had done some admirable trades like Vanek and Petry that made you believe maybe he wasn’t completely incompetent.

The rest is history.

Subban would be no doubt great in any career he chooses to follow after hockey, but I really think he’ll be the true heir to Don Cherry’s time slot. He’s Taylor made for that role.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Really does not appear like Nashville are going to want to let him go anytime soon. My hope is he wants to come back to Mtl as a free agent. That would be amazing.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Subban-Sergachev
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Beaulieu
Pateryn, Mete

That is an overwhelmingly superior d-corps to what the Habs have now.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
That’s the day he lost me.

I had long started to doubt him (Subban contract nego’s were a huge strike against) but he had done some admirable trades like Vanek and Petry that made you believe maybe he wasn’t completely incompetent.

The rest is history.

Subban would be no doubt great in any career he chooses to follow after hockey, but I really think he’ll be the true heir to Don Cherry’s time slot. He’s Taylor made for that role.

I suspect that Subban will go into business, or maybe become an NHL GM.

Bergevin is qualified to be a high school gym teacher at best, nothing more.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Really does not appear like Nashville are going to want to let him go anytime soon. My hope is he wants to come back to Mtl as a free agent. That would be amazing.
That would be just like this filthy organization, wouldn't it. Bring back a former beloved player in the twilight of his career to parade around as a PR piece while continuing to win nothing of consequence.

Nope. Subban's gone and I hope he has the sense not to come back.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Still wouldn't solve the lack of goalscoring / centers issue.

That would be just like this filthy organization, wouldn't it. Bring back a former beloved player in the twilight of his career to parade around as a PR piece while continuing to win nothing of consequence.

Nope. Subban's gone and I hope he has the sense not to come back.

Yep - think there's more chance of him signing for Toronto than coming back to Montreal.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Weber is defensively superior to Subban right now. We just had to keep Markov and keep Sergachev. But then people would be howling that we can't score.
This idea needs to end now. Weber is only better at subban in regards to slapping the puck and being rough in front of the net. Subban destroys turnstile Weber in every other way possible.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Reputation goes a long way in spreading this myth.

Subban is every bit as good as Doughty, but you don’t hear it because of bias. Whether it’s a race thing, an anti-Montreal bias, a hate of Subban’s persona/energy, it all comes together.

Anyone that can rationally step back, watch the players play can see this.
Nashville always had struggled in the playoffs. In no small part due to Weber drying up offensively and being outmatched defensively. First year of Subban, and Nashville DESTROYS Chicago and Mr. Toews certainly was wise to say "be careful what you wish for", handily dismantled St. Louis and reach the Cup finals for first time, and the Subban-Ekholm was the "shutdown pair".

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I suspect that Subban will go into business, or maybe become an NHL GM.

Bergevin is qualified to be a high school gym teacher at best, nothing more.
Teachers still need to get a degree in what they're teaching. Anne Murray is far more qualified(has an actual degree in Physical Education) to be a gym teacher and she was one before deciding to become a singer.

Reactions: DAChampion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad