Speculation: The Canadiens Could’ve Had The Best Defense Tandem In The League

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't know if I'd go that far. If PK and Markov were still in Montreal along with Sergachev, Mete likely does not make the team this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is Weber ice fishing? No updates at all.

He's still in a boot. Someone mentioned seeing him with the boot on this week, so that probably means several weeks before there is a change.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With all these players we lost, we might as well have made the thread about how we could have had the best GM in the league.

But wait .... oh no, Molson. Forget about it.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
"Shea, we're not making the playoffs this year. I'm going to need you to walk around town with an ankle boot and pretend you are hurt for the next 3 months. The situation is most dire. I need an excuse for the end of the year presser, or I fear my time here will be cut short. The Price injury served me well once before with the trustfund beta bitch Geoff. I'm hoping for the same now.

Go. I have commanded it. "

-Encrypted Emails taken from [email protected]

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Don't know if I'd go that far. If PK and Markov were still in Montreal along with Sergachev, Mete likely does not make the team this year.

Schlemko would probably not be here

Markov - Subban
Sergachev - Petry
Mete - Benn
Morrow, Jerabek

.. but with Alzner in, one of Sergachev/Mete would probably be cut. Actually, probably both of them wouldn't be playing as I feel they'd be scared with so many rookies on the lineup

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Weber is defensively superior to Subban right now. We just had to keep Markov and keep Sergachev. But then people would be howling that we can't score.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Unfortunately, "ifs" about the past can't change anything. Things are done and they are what they are.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
"Shea, we're not making the playoffs this year. I'm going to need you to walk around town with an ankle boot and pretend you are hurt for the next 3 months. The situation is most dire. I need an excuse for the end of the year presser, or I fear my time here will be cut short. The Price injury served me well once before with the trustfund beta ***** Geoff. I'm hoping for the same now.

Go. I have commanded it. "

-Encrypted Emails taken from [email protected]
Ok and take the boot off a week before the trade deadline so we can get your old inflated $$$ ass outta here so we can truly rebuild

Reactions: RealityBytes

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Weber is defensively superior to Subban right now. We just had to keep Markov and keep Sergachev. But then people would be howling that we can't score.

What was once true, isn't necessarily in the present. Subban is quite possibly superior to Weber in all three zones. I'm one who believes he is.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Weber is not defensively superior to Subban.

Reputation goes a long way in spreading this myth.

Subban is every bit as good as Doughty, but you don’t hear it because of bias. Whether it’s a race thing, an anti-Montreal bias, a hate of Subban’s persona/energy, it all comes together.

Anyone that can rationally step back, watch the players play can see this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad