Speculation: The canadiens and the red wings discuss ... Xavier ouellet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I would be really upset. But I seem to recall media reports that teams have asked for Ouellet and the Wings told them he wasn't available. It could be that Montreal WANTS Ouellet and not necessarily that Detroit will move him for anything other than an overpayment.

Plus, how reliable is this source? I seem to recall that Montreal media has a habit of speculating that virtually any good Quebecois player could be traded to the Habs.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Interesting. I don't want to deal XO at all. But if they want XO real bad and are willing to deal Gallagher or Galchenyuk I'd listen.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Absolutely no to Markov. Apart from Subban and one of the G-twins, there isn't much on their roster I would move a kid like XO for.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Crazy canadian media and their wild speculation. Holland ain't dealing XO. That would be insane. Give us a massive overpayment, or we'll laugh at them and hang up, then call them again to laugh at them, then hang up again.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Is Xavier really that good ? Tell more about him? When will he be ready for the nhl ?

He draws comparison to Marc-Edouard Vlasic often. Very noticeable in a good light in the WJC this year. I think he was the captain of the Armada, IIRC. Very skilled two way Dman. Not the first time he's been linked to the Canadiens. Very promising. Highly touted leadership skills.

Jul 30, 2005
Is Xavier really that good ? Tell more about him? When will he be ready for the nhl ?
He's good. He doesn't have a single physical tool that's great, but a lot of them are good and his hockey sense is excellent. It's difficult to tell when he'll be NHL ready for another team, but by Detroit standards he's probably 2-3 years away.

He's one of those Detroit prospects that could be a very good NHL player, but also could be a fringe guy because he isn't physically gifted.

Jul 30, 2005
In case you were curious, a MTL forum mod told me DLC is not a legitimate source and locked the thread. I don't think we should pay this rumor much attention, especially since we know Holland has told teams that Ouellet wasn't on the table in the recent past.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

The only reason I could see Detroit dealing him is simply due to his near readiness to play in the NHL. He's a lot further along in his total game than most coming out of junior. That combined with Detroit's depth of young D makes it possible... At least something to look at that is.

I'd doubt it would be for Markov though.. They would have to make Detroit pretty happy though in any deal.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
In case you were curious, a MTL forum mod told me DLC is not a legitimate source and locked the thread. I don't think we should pay this rumor much attention, especially since we know Holland has told teams that Ouellet wasn't on the table in the recent past.

Closed. Was about to ask about this source too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad