The Cake Is A Lie. The Tank Is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
To be fair, adding those two to the team in 2016-2017 means we probably perform well enough that we don't get Q. Hughes or Pettersen. Who knows, maybe that turns out to be the better boon to the team.

With that logic, shouldn't have drafted Hughes or Pettersson either.

Reactions: pomorick

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Okay. You can have some bizarre rage-intensive experience consisting of looking at the roster on paper and determining that it can't be as good on some abstract or rational level as it actually is in practice. I'll be over here watching them play hockey.
We should just get rid of the GM role if every roster is a roll of the dice. Drafting, pro scouting, etc all does not matter. Don't even need a front office. Just have the owner randomly pay nhl players by position and hire a good coach, cause apparently determining whether a roster would be good by judging how good players are, and where they fit based off of past league performance is outrageous, right?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
We should just get rid of the GM role if every roster is a roll of the dice. Drafting, pro scouting, etc all does not matter. Don't even need a front office. Just have the owner randomly pay nhl players by position and hire a good coach, cause apparently determining whether a roster would be good by judging how good players are, and where they fit based off of past league performance is outrageous, right?
You said this was one of the worst three rosters in the league. If it was even close you might have a leg to stand on here. It isn't. You don't. You're wrong, and doubling down.

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
Worst team in the league going on four years now. I would not suggest that’s mostly because of injuries.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
You're really not getting it. You might need to call a friend on this one.
Still wrong, moving on to ad hominem.

"And here we see the message board poster of low to medium intelligence in his natural habitat ..."

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

You think we are not one of the bottom 3 teams in the league?
That's correct. There are 11 teams below the Canucks in the standings and 9 in goal differential. The young forward core is decent, if not deep, with 2-3 legitimate top-line players. All the centers are above average for their rank on the depth chart. There's solid players in the bottom 6. The defence is poor but better than a few teams' and far better than Chicago's. This is a mediocre team. It won't make the playoffs. It clearly is not one of the three worst teams in tbe league.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
That's correct. There are 11 teams below the Canucks in the standings and 9 in goal differential. The young forward core is decent, if not deep, with 2-3 legitimate top-line players. All the centers are above average for their rank on the depth chart. There's solid players in the bottom 6. The defence is poor but better than a few teams' and far better than Chicago's. This is a mediocre team. It won't make the playoffs. It clearly is not one of the three worst teams in tbe league.

Interesting. Well. We will see at the end of the year where we land.

Can you put a number where we land so we can see what is closer 3rd or your pick?

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Interesting. Well. We will see at the end of the year where we land.

Can you put a number where we land so we can see what is closer 3rd or your pick?
Okay, uh, one billion. Who gives a shit? Some guy was wrong and wouldn't admit it and it annoyed me. Let's go to bed.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

I know another team that's like that a while ago: pre rebuild Toronto.

That's the worst possible situation to be in, not bad enough to get top picks, and not good enough for playoff, let alone the cup.

This attitude of celebrating mediocrity and "hey at least we're not the worst" seems to be a theme here.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
Ok. So you want to vent but not actually be held to a prediction. Not so interesting.

This is a third grade recess checkers move, even you are better than that.

Bandwogonguy doenst have to make a prediction. His point stands. Whatshisname jumped the gun by calling this a bottom 3 team. Childish attempts to goad him into a prediction to turn the tables on him don't change that.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
lmao what a cool argument. If the Canucks aren't a bottom-3 team in the league they're roughly a pube's length away from bottom-3. But of course they've had some decent results over the last few games and so the very tiresome trolls have returned to the forum to bask in the team's dazzling success. They weren't posting here when the Canucks had 1 win in 13 games last month, and they won't be posting here during the next losing streak.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
lmao what a cool argument. If the Canucks aren't a bottom-3 team in the league they're roughly a pube's length away from bottom-3. But of course they've had some decent results over the last few games and so the very tiresome trolls have returned to the forum to bask in the team's dazzling success. They weren't posting here when the Canucks had 1 win in 13 games last month, and they won't be posting here during the next losing streak.
I dispute posters who say things that obviously aren't true, in reference to the team's current performance or otherwise. I've never claimed the team is successful or approaching success.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
This is a third grade recess checkers move, even you are better than that.

Bandwogonguy doenst have to make a prediction. His point stands. Whatshisname jumped the gun by calling this a bottom 3 team. Childish attempts to goad him into a prediction to turn the tables on him don't change that.

Sorry. Im just not interested in what he is pushing.

Dont know what Ive done to deserve "even you are better than that." But fair enough if you feel that way.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The losing streak wasn't sustainable either. This is elementary statistics. Right now they've had tons of injuries and are ahead of what, 8-12 teams? They are not a bottom 3 roster when healthy.

This is a bad assesment of our hockey club. How you went from this to the weird righteous anger posts?

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
This is a bad assesment of our hockey club. How you went from this to the weird righteous anger posts?
It isn't an assessment of our hockey club. It's a statement of two facts that wouldn't be disputed or controversial anywhere but this thread.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It isn't an assessment of our hockey club. It's a statement of two facts that wouldn't be disputed or controversial anywhere but this thread.

Go take a look how our team ranks over the last 3 years. Do you think adding Petersson (and Horvat improving) while nothing else changes pushes us far beyond bottom 3?

Ok lets say it does. Does it push us far enough that someone who suggests we are still bottom 3 needs to be treated the way you just treated him? Give your f***in head a shake...

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Go take a look how our team ranks over the last 3 years. Do you think adding Petersson (and Horvat improving) while nothing else changes pushes us far beyond bottom 3?

Ok lets say it does. Does it push us far enough that someone who suggests we are still bottom 3 needs to be treated the way you just treated him? Give your ****in head a shake...
1. Yes, and thus far the results suggest I'm correct. You're also leaving out several progressions and personnel changes. We signed two solid bottom 6 players and Virtanen has clearly improved. By pointing this out I'm not making any judgment about whether these players should be here or at what cost.

2. He made claims he knew or reasonably ought to have known were false in order to reinforce belief in a narrative to which he is deeply emotionally attached. This behaviour is destroying this board. Zero sympathy here.

Reactions: Curved Space

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
1. Yes, and thus far the results suggest I'm correct.

2. He made claims he knew or reasonably ought to have known were false in order to reinforce belief in a narrative to which he is deeply emotionally attached. This behaviour is destroying this board. Zero sympathy here.

I still honestly dont know what you are trying to argue here... You are arguing a straw man and refuse to budge and think he is the emotional one.

You are preteind he said:
"We are currently 3rd last in the standings." and then are using the standings as "proof" against a claim he didnt make.

Reactions: geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad