The Cake Is A Lie. The Tank Is Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Again, who knows with Aquilini at the helm? Benning should have been fired already.

Let's say the Canucks barely miss the playoffs next year with 90~ points. Better than their projected 84 points this year. Does he still get fired? I'm not sure. However, I am positive that if they hire (or rumoured to hire) another GM level personality, the writing is on the wall.

If the Canucks finish with 84 points this year, but fall back down to 70 next year, I'm sure he'll be fired.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Wouldn’t it be great if the playing of a kid, something everyone seems to want and make excuses for the GM over, resulted in the masses actually seeing the incompetence of the GM...

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I feel bad for Dipietro...he deserves better than this. I did say I wanted to see what he could do since he's up here, but getting blown out and not having a healthy backup behind him...that's just another example of Benning's incompetence. To go over a month with only 2 healthy pro level goalies under contract that's not acceptable.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The good news ugh is that we may sacrifice a Dipietro confidence shattering for bringing to light the stunning incompetencies of management. Would think this'll get lots of media play.

Also fans/owners/media will see just how ****ing tragic this team is when they lose one of the two things propping them up (and when we're propped up we're not even a .500 winning % team). This team is horrifically built and it shows on nights like this.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
This is a fantastic result for us. Even Benning brahs on twitter and other places are saying how much of a screw up this was by management. Having Aquilini 'live tweeting' about it as well is just icing on the cake.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
This is a fantastic result for us. Even Benning brahs on twitter and other places are saying how much of a screw up this was by management. Having Aquilini 'live tweeting' about it as well is just icing on the cake.

I basically pointed this out on twitter and someone responded that only an idiot would give birth to me.

I guess some people really don't like reality.

Reactions: clunk

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It just occurred to me how horrible it must feel to be a goalie playing behind Gudbransson / Pouliot.

Feel so bad for DiPietro. Why did they throw him out against the Sharks of all teams... This would not have happened if it was not for the inept asset management by the FO.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I can't wait for them to get Markstrom back starting every game while not 100% then tweaking something and kicking this tank into a new gear.

Hoping this game is the start of a good long slide into the deadline.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I can't wait for them to get Markstrom back starting every game while not 100% then tweaking something and kicking this tank into a new gear.

Hoping this game is the start of a good long slide into the deadline.
New gear? Or just that usual 'worst 2nd half team in the NHL' gear that always kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad