Confirmed with Link: The Buffalo Sabres have signed defenseman Oskari Laaksonen to 3 yr ELC

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He’s 30lbs under where he needs to be an effective player in the NHL.

Sam Girard 5'10 170
Jared Spurgion 5'9 167
Rasmus Dahlin 6'3 193
Henri Jokiharju 6' 195
Urho Vaakanainen 6'1 185
Cale Makar 5'11 187
Erik Karlsson 6' 190
Ryan Ellis 5'10 180
Quinn Hughes 5'10 170
Oskari Laaksonen 6'1 181

He has grown and put on weight after being selected and the Sabres now have him listed at 6-1 and 181 pounds. He was listed at 153 when he was drafted.
Sabres sign 2017 pick Oskari Laaksonen to entry-level deal

He could stand to put on 10lb but I think he could play in the NHL at 181lb. They have to be careful he doesn't go Tyler Myers and try to bulk up too much. His speed and quickness.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Sam Girard 5'10 170
Jared Spurgion 5'9 167
Rasmus Dahlin 6'3 193
Henri Jokiharju 6' 195
Urho Vaakanainen 6'1 185
Cale Makar 5'11 187
Erik Karlsson 6' 190
Ryan Ellis 5'10 180
Quinn Hughes 5'10 170
Oskari Laaksonen 6'1 181

He has grown and put on weight after being selected and the Sabres now have him listed at 6-1 and 181 pounds. He was listed at 153 when he was drafted.
Sabres sign 2017 pick Oskari Laaksonen to entry-level deal

He could stand to put on 10lb but I think he could play in the NHL at 181lb. They have to be careful he doesn't go Tyler Myers and try to bulk up too much. His speed and quickness.

Ilves has him at 188cm(6’2”) and 75kg (165lbs) so color me skeptical that he shrunk and put on 15 lbs in 3 months.

6’1” & 181 lbs (185.42/82) would be closer to suitable.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Just one time in our franchise history would it be sweet to have a late round draft pick turn out to be a mega stud, perennial all star type. Miller was a good one, getting a franchise goalie for nearly a decade out of a 5th round pick. VO looks to be a perennial 30 goal scorer out of a 7th round pick. But I want to see us to find that Datsyuk/Zetterberg type pick, a 3rd-7th rounder that becomes a top 5-10 player at his position. Not saying OL is that guy but just talking generally. Still am not spending anything, emotions, money or time watching this team until they make the playoffs again but would be nice.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Just one time in our franchise history would it be sweet to have a late round draft pick turn out to be a mega stud, perennial all star type. Miller was a good one, getting a franchise goalie for nearly a decade out of a 5th round pick. VO looks to be a perennial 30 goal scorer out of a 7th round pick. But I want to see us to find that Datsyuk/Zetterberg type pick, a 3rd-7th rounder that becomes a top 5-10 player at his position. Not saying OL is that guy but just talking generally. Still am not spending anything, emotions, money or time watching this team until they make the playoffs again but would be nice.

Well it seems like for every Martin St Louis, or Datsyuk you get your duds in the second round. A perennial curse with the Sabres. I feel like we've been drafting better since Botterill has taken over, and trends are picking up. You see the goalie depth improving, in both our drafts under him and with the showing of Jonas this past year. It's really the only blessing in the disguise that is the mediocrity of Jason Botterill.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Well it seems like for every Martin St Louis, or Datsyuk you get your duds in the second round. A perennial curse with the Sabres. I feel like we've been drafting better since Botterill has taken over, and trends are picking up. You see the goalie depth improving, in both our drafts under him and with the showing of Jonas this past year. It's really the only blessing in the disguise that is the mediocrity of Jason Botterill.

Is it a case of drafting better, or is it a case of liking the drafting better as a personal choice? Where exactly have we been “trending up”?

Reactions: Digable5

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

GM's have a tendency to trade those later round picks away like they're worthless. I wouldn't mind having that 4th back we traded for Frolik or the 5th we traded for Simmonds.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
You know he was taken in the third round.. right?

Reactions: RWatson29

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
If we’re talking ‘late round picks’, ....Olofsson? 99% of the time you don’t get that in a 7th rounder. Anyways of the recently drafted guys, I feel like Filip Cederqvist (RD5) Lukas Rousek (RD 6), and Linus Weissbach (RD 7) give us the best chances for a ‘late round’ guy to work out as of right now. Idk about datsyuk level though lol

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

what is the Golden’s helmet? Team
MVP from the last game? Like you see NHL teams do after each game with various weird hats/helmets and other stuff. Or is being named a team captain for game?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

MVP from the last game? Like you see NHL teams do after each game with various weird hats/helmets and other stuff. Or is being named a team captain for game?

"Pelicans' gold helmet (points leader)"

Reactions: joshjull

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I believe in Finnish culture, the one who dons the golden helmet is the one who must leave a bucket of butter in the woods for Peikko during the full moon, to ensure that he doesn't kidnap the village children, or secretly make holes in your teeth.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I believe in Finnish culture, the one who dons the golden helmet is the one who must leave a bucket of butter in the woods for Peikko during the full moon, to ensure that he doesn't kidnap the village children, or secretly make holes in your teeth.
I think we can close the thread after this post. I know all I need to know about Laaksonen and the Fins

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->