The Buffalo Sabres are in Free Fall

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
With Eichel constantly setting him up to where all he has to do is put the puck on net and it's a goal? Absolutely. Jack was actually getting goals out of the corpse of Jason Pominville at one point.
Teams will have a seasons worth of tape and they will adapt. He'll still be a goal scorer but chances of him continuing to be a top 3 goal scorer is less likely.

Example...Schwartz and Schenn from last year were insane....largely MIA this season. There's very little about this league I would bank on.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
There are no givens, neither would be the first rookie to struggle in their 2nd season. Skinner will get a huge overpayment and mostly will not continue his insane goal scoring moving forward.

Okay, sure, anything can happen. I will personally be super surprised if Dahlin regresses next year though.

Skinner has been one of the best 5v5 goal scorers over the last 5-6 years in the NHL though.

Reactions: sabremike

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Just like the guarentee Mittelstadt was a 2C entering this season..... there's an saying about chickens and hatching, I'm sure you've heard about it.

I still don't get the point you're trying to make in this thread, other than to point out the obvious. Of course nothing is guaranteed in hockey.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Just like the guarentee Mittelstadt was a 2C entering this season..... there's an saying about chickens and hatching, I'm sure you've heard about it.
There were so many guarantees that Mittelstadt was going to be a 2C this season I could hardly count all they way up to 0 and Skinner is known commodity who already put up nearly 40 goals without Eichel as his center those 2 aren't even remotely comparable or relevant.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Teams will have a seasons worth of tape and they will adapt. He'll still be a goal scorer but chances of him continuing to be a top 3 goal scorer is less likely.

Example...Schwartz and Schenn from last year were insane....largely MIA this season. There's very little about this league I would bank on.
Are you seriously saying Schenn is even in the same galaxy as a player as Jack? It's like you have no idea just how ridiculously great he is.

Reactions: Rasmi

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I’d love love love for you to show us one post that said Mitts definitely is a 2C entering this season.

Stop making stuff up.

Reactions: Rasmi

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Okay, sure, anything can happen. I will personally be super surprised if Dahlin regresses next year though.

Skinner has been one of the best 5v5 goal scorers over the last 5-6 years in the NHL though.
Not regress persay but not take a huge step forward. With teams adjusting to him, It may take awhile before he's a dominant player.
I still don't get the point you're trying to make in this thread, other than to point out the obvious. Of course nothing is guaranteed in hockey.
Look at the post I originally quoted.
Are you seriously saying Schenn is even in the same galaxy as a player as Jack? It's like you have no idea just how ridiculously great he is.
No....where did I say that? I said you cant always count on 2 players instant chemisty year to year. That was the comparison.
I’d love love love for you to show us one post that said Mitts definitely is a 2C entering this season.

Stop making stuff up.

I'm not going to dig through the preseason threads, you dont want to believe it, whatever.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I did. A guy said that Buffalo could be a contender soon, which is perfectly possible. Then you pointed out the obvious that nothing is guaranteed.

Like...okay?
His reasoning was because they were going to resign skinner add a top 6 winger and a top 4 defender.......3 assumptions.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hopefully they can get back on track. League is healthier when the good markets are doing well.
Just saw an interesting post on twitter from Sean Tierney:

Totally possible for things to improve for those teams, but really doesn't look like there's anything for them to hang their hats on for this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad