Boston Bruins The Bruins & Game Sevens

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
So with another Game 7 approaching I’ve been thinking back on this franchises history of Game 7’s. I’ve been a Bruins fan for 30+ years and it seems to me that we go to a Game 7 much more often than we really should. For some reason we’ve seemed to have a difficult time closing series out.

It also seems that aside from 2011 & 2013 we don’t fare very well in Game 7. I still remember those Game 7 losses to Montreal (numerous times) Quebec, Carolina, Philadelphia, Washington…

With almost 80 shots on Andersen over the past 2 games hopefully we can finally close this series out but given our Game 7 history I’m certainly not overly confident.

I’m interested in hearing your thoughts on tomorrow’s Game 7 and thoughts on our Game 7 history.

Go Bruins!

:bruins

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think they can win, but I'm not going to bet on them. If they win, they need to score quick goals because it seems like the next shot against them will be in the back of the net.

The top line has been shut down. The secondary scoring is pretty much non existent. They've completely gone away from their game... notice how the Leafs are actually hitting the Bruins top guys? Weird how that seems to work, right?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Copy and pasted from the pre-game thread;

Everyone has their stories.

I’ll always be haunted by game 7 2004 losing on home ice to the Canadiens.

I was a senior in high school and I wore my Rolston jersey to school all series long.

They had added Gonchar at the deadline and were finally “going for it”.

Having it end the way it did was an absolute punch to the gut. Let alone the dark times that followed with the lockout and dismantling of that club.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

I was a senior in high school and I wore my Rolston jersey to school all series long.

Having it end the way it did was an absolute punch to the gut. Let alone the dark times that followed with the lockout and dismantling of that club.

added Nylander too. they went out and got the top available forward and defender at the deadline.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

That one stung me, you knew with the sheer number of UFAs on that club, and a lock-out looming on the horizon, that was the last chance for that group of players.

Nothing has ever stung like the collapse to the Flyers in 2010 though. Just gut wrenching.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
It definitely feels like they will lose, but if I take emotions out of it I'd bet them to win. They've outplayed Toronto consistently, and home advantage and the second change should help. They ought to have learned enough lessons from coming out flat in Game 5 to getting cute in Game 6 that we should get their best effort.

To me this comes down to beating a hot goalie and once again holding down Austin Matthews. I feel like we've dodged that bullet all series but we are playing with fire there letting them back into this. Of course they could probably say the same thing with all the bullets they've dodged from Marchand and Pastrnak, so who knows.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
There's been a striking lack of urgency with the Bruins thus far in the series. However, they are no longer leading in this series. Can they just turn it on for an entire game?

I felt both McAvoy and Bergeron were much better in game 6 compared to how they played in game 5 and that is very encouraging. We just need the secondary scoring to show up. I liked Nash and Backes together. Debrusk is carrying his line. Call me optimistic about game 7.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Frederik Andersson, like Brayden Holtby and Carey Price before him, is living rent free inside the Bruins' heads. They have GOT to figure him out or it is off to the golf course.

Reactions: Neely2005

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Frederik Andersson, like Brayden Holtby and Carey Price before him, is living rent free inside the Bruins' heads. They have GOT to figure him out or it is off to the golf course.

Rent free....at this point the Bruins are practically paying him to live there.

Reactions: Neely2005

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Rent free....at this point the Bruins are practically paying him to live there.

You can tell it';s true by all the dangling Marchand and Pasta are doing...looking for the perfect shot instead of trusting their skill and picking a corner. That split second of indecision is killing them.

We get on Rick Nash here, but at least he gets it. Every shot is a good shot and get it on net.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You can tell it';s true by all the dangling Marchand and Pasta are doing...looking for the perfect shot instead of trusting their skill and picking a corner. That split second of indecision is killing them.

We get on Rick Nash here, but at least he gets it. Every shot is a good shot and get it on net.

Yup, when they shoot they think they need the perfect shot, or the perfect passing play or dangle.

Krug to, he thinks he needs to blow it past Andersen with the big clapper, when a simple low wrister would get the job done.

And it's playing right into not just Andersen's hand but the Leafs team defense. They are breaking up scoring chances with back pressure, they know the extra little move is coming. Krug is allowing Leaf players more time to get into shooting lanes and blocking his shots. It's all compounding itself into what we are seeing now, a Bruins team that is low on their confidence to score goals.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

this.

"keep it simple stupid". the best way to score, especially in a drought, is just keep throwing pucks at the net. Nothing bad happens when you do

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yup, when they shoot they think they need the perfect shot, or the perfect passing play or dangle.

Krug to, he thinks he needs to blow it past Andersen with the big clapper, when a simple low wrister would get the job done.

And it's playing right into not just Andersen's hand but the Leafs team defense. They are breaking up scoring chances with back pressure, they know the extra little move is coming. Krug is allowing Leaf players more time to get into shooting lanes and blocking his shots. It's all compounding itself into what we are seeing now, a Bruins team that is low on their confidence to score goals.

Still shocked they haven't integrated the shoot wide on purpose and crash the net. Andersen loses his net every single time because he's ultra aggressive with the point shots. How have they not picked this up on video yet? Enough with the cross ice passes. The Leafs (as well as the rest of the league) is on to that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Still shocked they haven't integrated the shoot wide on purpose and crash the net. Andersen loses his net every single time because he's ultra aggressive with the point shots. How have they not picked this up on video yet? Enough with the cross ice passes. The Leafs (as well as the rest of the league) is on to that.

They are, Leafs see it coming a mile away at this point.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska

This in spades, I don't know how many times I was screaming at the tv telling them to just shoot the damn puck. So many opportunities gone because they're looking for the perfect pass.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario

Yeah that one definitely stung.
:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad