The Bright Side - What went well this year?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Kings Fans: Come on big money (Hughes), big money (Kakko), no whammy, no whammy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand STOP!

Bettman: Oh no, you got a double whammy. The Ducks won the lottery AND the Kings are picking 5th.

I can see and hear it - sound effects and all.

:biglaugh:

Waaaaaaawaa.

Just put some ducks at the bottom instead.

:biglaugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dexter Sinister

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I'M watching old episodes of Press Your Luck to prepare for the draft lottery.

Big bucks, no whammy!

giphy.gif

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
They really need to start televising the ball pull with all the GMs not in the playoffs there. I'd pay to see the reactions. Or make it PPV for 5 bucks with all proceeds going to Hockey Fights Cancer. I'd pay to see that.

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What DL did over several years can't be fixed on one year. But it'll get there,it's going to take time . Most of the youth that were brought up fared well, esp Campbell and Wagner. They'll draft more talent this year. And training camp will have several bright spots do look for. They still have to move a few contracts out, but they're going in the right direction.
And a large part of that is finding a good coach, one who has the IQ and motivation ability to take this team into the future.
Lots of coaches out there and lots of openings. Going to be curious to see how it pans out and where the coaches land.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
We have multiple nice young players at every level, 1-2 years in the NHL, new players like Grundstrom, almost NHL ready prospects, top prospects like Kuwait and we’ll get a blue chipper in the first round this year. We should have a good team in a couple years to surround Doughty and Kopitar.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
They really need to start televising the ball pull with all the GMs not in the playoffs there. I'd pay to see the reactions. Or make it PPV for 5 bucks with all proceeds going to Hockey Fights Cancer. I'd pay to see that.

Yah, the production value for the NHL lottery is really small and lacks imagination. As Kings fans this is a huge moment, could make the potential turn around much faster. Why not put a little excitement in the show? Maybe mic the GM's on the NHL APP where bad language is acceptable?

Reactions: lumbergh

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
No first round sweep in the playoffs! I get to look forward to April 9th - though figuring we’ll get the 5th pick. We burned another year off some painful contracts (Dion, Carts, etc) - in case we want to do some buyouts.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Let’s hope that in roughly 48 hours we can say “The Kings winning the lottery” is what went right this year.

Cross your fingers and toes.

Nodoughtyboutit

May 14, 2010
If we get picks #4 or #5, I'm gonna be pretty sad. I'm gonna be ok with #3 and anything higher in gonna be very happy.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
The young guys + Campbell all played pretty well. Wagner was pretty great. Kempe played well I thought. Roy was solid. Campbell was awesome. Petersen looked really good when he was on the Kings.

Pretty much every veteran besides Clifford had a bad year.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
No first round sweep in the playoffs! I get to look forward to April 9th - though figuring we’ll get the 5th pick. We burned another year off some painful contracts (Dion, Carts, etc) - in case we want to do some buyouts.

miss-cleo.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad