the Boston Bruins have the most fighting depth in the league

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Flyers fan here and I would agree that the B's are by far the deepest. Oddly enough, we were talking about this a few nights ago. Tonight is a big night for the B's, win or lose Chara needs to go after Paccioretty, he needs to become a more unpredicatable player, granted he is bigger and recognizes his strength he needs to clean somebody up and that will stregthen the dynamic of this team even more. In fact if the B's and the Habs brawl it out tonight and Chara goes lunchy I say the B's win the cup by a landslide. Fighting is one thing but the loose cannon/ timebomb persona is the most intimidating factor in sports.

I think you'll see McQuaid go after Paccioretty tonight - they had a dust up at the end of the last game and McQuaid was livid.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Flyers fan here and I would agree that the B's are by far the deepest. Oddly enough, we were talking about this a few nights ago. Tonight is a big night for the B's, win or lose Chara needs to go after Paccioretty, he needs to become a more unpredicatable player, granted he is bigger and recognizes his strength he needs to clean somebody up and that will stregthen the dynamic of this team even more. In fact if the B's and the Habs brawl it out tonight and Chara goes lunchy I say the B's win the cup by a landslide. Fighting is one thing but the loose cannon/ timebomb persona is the most intimidating factor in sports.

Personally, I think Martin should tell his players that under no circumstances are they to drop the gloves. Doing that will only play into one of the team strengths Boston has. Let them get their instigators, roughing and fighting majors. The Habs are obviously not built to play that game, so why accomodate the Bruins and one of their strengths? The Habs have dominated the Bruins the last season and 3/4's by not being goaded by the Bruins. They got goaded last game and lost.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Personally, I think Martin should tell his players that under no circumstances are they to drop the gloves. Doing that will only play into one of the team strengths Boston has. Let them get their instigators, roughing and fighting majors. The Habs are obviously not built to play that game, so why accomodate the Bruins and one of their strengths? The Habs have dominated the Bruins the last season and 3/4's by not being goaded by the Bruins. They got goaded last game and lost.

As a Bruins fan I agree- that is what Martin should tell them. The Bruins play their best when they can dictate the tone of the game to their strengths, which is physical hockey.

I bet we see very little of the rough stuff tonight. I'm expecting a back and forth, fast-tempo game. Could go either way, Habs will definitely be looking to make a statement after the last one.

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell

Is that what you had in mind ...?

seeking*

Is that what you had in mind ...?

it is a shame that an accident happened, a toe to toe fight would have been nice of course but the accident was not intentional at all

best wishes to Pacioretty to get well soon

hockey is a tough game we love

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
I had to think about your question for a moment, and I actually think they are both pretty important to me, I couldn't stand myself to be a Canucks fan just as one example.

Well fighting is only important when your playing rivals. Look at all enforcers and than look at there ice time in the play-offs. They get like two shifts a game in the play-offs. And You guys really need to drop the Canucks fan this Canucks fan that. I know you are scared of this but the non-stop insults from boston fans is just plain rediclous.

seeking*

Well fighting is only important when your playing rivals. Look at all enforcers and than look at there ice time in the play-offs. They get like two shifts a game in the play-offs. And You guys really need to drop the Canucks fan this Canucks fan that. I know you are scared of this but the non-stop insults from boston fans is just plain rediclous.

sorry, I didn't mean it as an anti-canuck comment, I was just using them as an example of a team that is not that tough, it could have been the habs or any other number of teams

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
I understand where your coming from. The depth of fighting is handy,when there is teams like the rangers and flyers but when it comes to the play-offs the fighters get they`re time cut by 3/4ths. I think the trick is to have like a lucic,or Chara(not the best fighter) but looks like a city monument. And the thing with the Canucks i know we arnt the best fighting team but we arnt push overs either,the managment has just talked to somewhat pesky guys like kesler and we run up the score rather than turn it into a sean avery fest.

FanHabtic*

line by line from the first line to the fourth line, the Bruins probably have the most depth when it comes to fighting skills in the league, willingness to take on all opponents and ability all taken into consideration

Don't forget Krejci. He likes to bully our non-fighters! ;)

Eaglepride*

and then this classic

He did well there I give you that but I wanna see going with the likes of Boogard, MacIntyre, Godard, Engeland. Chara is a freaking beast he can fight and beat you on the scoreboard so he is an extremely valueable player.

Thornton did ok against Godard good one, but I'd give the slightly edge to Godard cause of the right bomb he landed.

No doubt Bruins are close to those "big bad bruins" myth again. To answer your question, yes they are in the pack with the Pens.

jlgib21*

Don't forget Krejci. He likes to bully our non-fighters! ;)

Unfortunately he could probably beat up 3/4 of our team. it's a total disgrace what a wimped out team we have thanks to BG,PG and JM. It was an easy call that we were going to get cheap shots,and was only matter of time before someone was seriously hurt. Who's going to protect PK or any smurf next time we play Philly,Bost etc.The refs ? League ? Police ?

AHockeyGameBrokeOut*

Incoming homer statement from me, myself and I with no real factual evidence other than the fact that our team is leading the league in fights:

Pittsburgh Penguins.

/homer statement

roaddogg02316

Feb 23, 2004
We lack a heavyweight though, the Oilers were taking runs at our players all game long last sunday and Thornton didn't do anything out of fear of Macintyre.

And to think we had MacIntyre but just let him go. But I see the point why you need a guy who can play.

I think the next guy to step up could be MacDermid, he has a pretty good game and will fight when necessary.

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006
He did well there I give you that but I wanna see going with the likes of Boogard, MacIntyre, Godard, Engeland. Chara is a freaking beast he can fight and beat you on the scoreboard so he is an extremely valueable player.

Thornton did ok against Godard good one, but I'd give the slightly edge to Godard cause of the right bomb he landed.

No doubt Bruins are close to those "big bad bruins" myth again. To answer your question, yes they are in the pack with the Pens.

Engelland and Godard would be lucky to land a clean punch on Chara with the reach disadvantage. At best they get a takedown, at worst they get their face smashed.

Eaglepride*

Engelland and Godard would be lucky to land a clean punch on Chara with the reach disadvantage. At best they get a takedown, at worst they get their face smashed.

Respectfully disagree here. Chara is a monster but not known for being a goon, therefore he doesn't have the experience Godard and Engelland do. Anyway would love to see that.

Don't get me started on MacIntyre we had the chance to sign this guy and passed, still can't believe it. He would have been exactly the type of enforcer the Wings could need against tougher teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->