the Boston Bruins have the most fighting depth in the league

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
they have some great fighting depth. I would argue they have the toughest 1st line in hockey with Horton and Lucic on the wings. Horton has found his anger and we know Lucic can throw em with almost anyone..

KLu

Jul 15, 2004
Quebec City
Anyone knows if CHARA has ever clearly lost a fight, like TKO or something like that? Man, that guy is a beast!

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Its between the Pens and Bruins.. When the Pens have Godard and Asham they are as tough as the Bruins. Ducks? They have Parros, who else? McGrattan isn't a NHL player. Winchester sucks, Ruutu doesn't fight, Chipchura is ok, but a light/middle weight, Brookbank doesn't play, Perry sucks.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Anyone knows if CHARA has ever clearly lost a fight, like TKO or something like that? Man, that guy is a beast!

Scott Parker and Brad Brown both hammered him.. Landgon, Worrell, Hordichuk all got the better of him.

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
In the playoffs? Absolutely. Fighters are not threatening in the playoffs and they're a waste of minutes

I agree with you, but most if not all the players on the Bruins that fight are playing considerable minutes and they are very important on the team. Most of our best players are also guys that will "drop the gloves" if required....

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
I agree with you, but most if not all the players on the Bruins that fight are playing considerable minutes and they are very important on the team. Most of our best players are also guys that will "drop the gloves" if required....

Yeah, I'd definitely take tough players who can actually play hockey like McQuaid, Boychuk etc... But I'm talking about guys like say David Koci, or Brian McGrattan, or Laraque :)facepalm:)

seeking*

Scott Parker and Brad Brown both hammered him.. Landgon, Worrell, Hordichuk all got the better of him.

you have to go back 10 years for these, and your use of the word "hammered" is an exaggeration of what went really happened, the Brown fight was closer to a draw and the Parker fight was a good swingfest that had one good shot connect

In the last 10 years, Chara hasn't lost a fight :yo:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
you have to go back 10 years for these, and your use of the word "hammered" is an exaggeration of what went really happened, the Brown fight was closer to a draw and the Parker fight was a good swingfest that had one good shot connect

In the last 10 years, Chara hasn't lost a fight :yo:

When Chara was a skinny bean-pole he lost a few fights. Now, he will lose his balance, but not fights.

He also KO'd Scott Parker when they were in the WHL.

Chara will not fight much anymore due to his finger. If you got him mad enough he would attack someone, but for the most-part he plays it smart now.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Invasion by Habs fans coming in here to say Lucic was always scared of Laraque in 3......2......1......

My take on that situation. Laraque should have been more aggressive in his attempts to goad Lucic into a fight, rather than send out polite invitations. That type of attitude by Laraque is essentially the reason he was fired by the Habs. If you want to fight a guy, you have to give him a good reason to drop the gloves.

That said, the Bruins do have great fighting depth and more impressively, they can all play good hockey as well. No meatheads in that group.

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
They might. But fighting is useless in the play-offs inless you were in the 80s. And chara is a tower of power but really isnt a good fighter,check all his fights he always falls off balance. But if one of those shots connect its trouble. But really would you perfer to be the best fighting team,or the best team in general.

Big Money Wides

As tough as Thornton and Lucic are, they won't survice against Engeland or Godard. Chara is more like a wrestling guy than a real fighter. He will take you down with his massive massive size but not with punches, like MacIntyre, Godard, Boogard, Engeland ...

I don't think Chara's a "wrestler" because he's a bad fighter, but because of how big he is. He's much bigger than pretty much everyone he fights, so I think it's easy for him to get knocked off-balance as a result.

I'd rather him not fight anyways. He's more valuable on the ice for five minutes than he is bloodying David Koci.

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
He did, though Craig Adams is hardly a scrapper. :dunno:

Adams scraps roughly 6-8 times per year. I will admit he doesn't win much. But, he has fought some tough characters this year such as: Crombeen,Haley,Konopka,Bieksa and oh ya earlier this year he got spoon fed by G.Campbell :amazed:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
In the playoffs? Absolutely. Fighters are not threatening in the playoffs and they're a waste of minutes
How does it hurt? The Thread is about Boston having the most fighting depth in the

league. Thornton,Chara,Lucic,McQuaid,Horton,Campbell,Ference and Boychuk are all

guys that can fight. Any of these guys hurt a team?

Analyzer*

How does it hurt? The Thread is about Boston having the most fighting depth in the

league. Thornton,Chara,Lucic,McQuaid,Horton,Campbell,Ference and Boychuk are all

guys that can fight. Any of these guys hurt a team?

He means players who only fight and have no other use. Like Gillies. Though, he can't even fight.

seeking*

But really would you perfer to be the best fighting team,or the best team in general?

I had to think about your question for a moment, and I actually think they are both pretty important to me, I couldn't stand myself to be a Canucks fan just as one example.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
But if one of those shots connect its trouble. But really would you perfer to be the best fighting team said:
why cant you be both? there's nothing wrong with having a good tough team... the Bruins are a contender for the cup, and they can fight and use it to their advantage.

facts

Aug 3, 2005
Flyers fan here and I would agree that the B's are by far the deepest. Oddly enough, we were talking about this a few nights ago. Tonight is a big night for the B's, win or lose Chara needs to go after Paccioretty, he needs to become a more unpredicatable player, granted he is bigger and recognizes his strength he needs to clean somebody up and that will stregthen the dynamic of this team even more. In fact if the B's and the Habs brawl it out tonight and Chara goes lunchy I say the B's win the cup by a landslide. Fighting is one thing but the loose cannon/ timebomb persona is the most intimidating factor in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad