The Boogeyman makes the Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Okay, you know what I'm not going to argue ANYMORE, but remember the guy is an ENFORCER. He skates for 5-8 minutes a game and basically does nothing but make sure our players aren't getting smashed out there. We aren't exactly the toughest team in the NHL at the moment (well now we are...with the adding of Foy and the keeping of Wanvig and Boogaard).

Personally I rather have Boogaard than Nazarov, as I have stated before. Most of you have come here with a preconceive notion and don't take into any account of what the Wild saw and what the Aeros coaches have done with the kid.

Most of you don't remember that Johnson wasn't the best of skaters either coming from Atlanta and it took him awhile to get a hang of skating and he was like what? 29 when he retired?

Profiles from TSN:

Oliwa - Is not an agile skater. Places his team behind the eight ball with bad penalties.

Brooksbank - Doesn't own the necessary skills to play reguarly in the NHL. Skating weakness.

Peters- Doesn't skate very well, which limits the amount of ice time he can handle.

Yeah I'm guessing you want all of these players out of the game too, since they aren't the greatest of skaters or that they have a weakness of skating...That no enforcer should be in the league simply because they haven't met your standard?

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Watch him before condemning him, guys. I'm not saying he's good, but he's improved quite a bit, based on what I saw in the preseason. Unless you've just got it out for enforcers... then condemn a-way. ;)

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
ceber said:
Watch him before condemning him, guys. I'm not saying he's good, but he's improved quite a bit, based on what I saw in the preseason. Unless you've just got it out for enforcers... then condemn a-way. ;)

I've seen him about 20 times last year... seen him get his *** (butt) beat many times... seen him lumber down the ice... seen hm trip over his stick... seen him miraclulously score his only goal last year. The Aeros fans love him. And God bless him. But he is NOT, IMHO, a NHL player for any reason.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Didn't you read what I posted? Peters and Brooksbank to TSN (and I know Brooksbank) aren't even considered NHL players either.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Didn't you read what I posted? Peters and Brooksbank to TSN (and I know Brooksbank) aren't even considered NHL players either.

Maybe this point just reverifies the contraction point.... :)

And yes I read your post... just after I responded to the other one. :p:

As I said earlier, I will be rooting for all of those ex-Areos... and most likely the Wild. But it doens't change my opinion that Boog, Foy, Veilluex, and Wanwig shouldn't make a roster. Though as said earlier, I am sure injuries helped!

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Boogard is the worst hockey player I have ever seen at a level equal to or higher than the WHL.

I watched this guy play for the Tigers, and the one thing I remember about him the most is a scouting report I read about him. It went something like this:

"Derek is a guy that you can't miss. He's the biggest guy on the ice, and he can actually get moving pretty fast. But when he does, look out, because whenever he tries to turn, it looks like he's going to fall over."

I just found that so funny, and I can't believe he'll be playing in the NHL.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Yes, you know Brooksbank so well that you can't even get his name right once out of 3+ times. It's Brookbank, no 's'

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
the_gman83 said:
I watched this guy play for the Tigers, and the one thing I remember about him the most is a scouting report I read about him. It went something like this:

"Derek is a guy that you can't miss. He's the biggest guy on the ice, and he can actually get moving pretty fast. But when he does, look out, because whenever he tries to turn, it looks like he's going to fall over."

I just found that so funny, and I can't believe he'll be playing in the NHL.

Actual quote:

"His straight-line speed isn't ghastly for a player of his size, but when he's turning he looks like he's in perennial danger of falling down."

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Well at least with this line up, whether Kessel leaves the U or not he will still stay in Minnesota.

The thing that scares me most with the Boogey man is; if he takes a dumb penality. I guess a team can have a non-talented oaf on their team to fill a role. But please please i beg you Derek. Don't be a dumb oaf and take lots off chippy penalties and 5 min majors. Fighting i can take. But in open ice like the new NHL. I cant see him being able to catch most guys to hit them. So when he does get his chance for a hit i see a 5 minute major for checking from behind. And double minors for charging and boarding and just general dumg roughing penalties.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
"However, at the end of the series, Boogaard delivered a vicious hit to Portland G Lanny Ramage as the latter was picking up the game puck, and he'll be suspended for the first 7 games of 2001-02 as a result."

HAHAHAHA!

Boogaard rules.

Ramage - "Yay, I did a good job today in goal, i'll go get the game puck to remember it"

Boogaard - "BOOGAARD SMASH!"

Transported Upstater

Wild Thing said:
I'm really ashamed to be a Wild fan today. This kid should never skate a shift in the NHL as far as I'm concerned. All 3 Hansen brothers rolled into one, but with none of their skill.

Slap Shot was a classic...

As far as I know, the guy is as athletic as a tree stump, but when he hits you, it's like the tree fell on you...

Transported Upstater

the_gman83 said:
Actual quote:

"His straight-line speed isn't ghastly for a player of his size, but when he's turning he looks like he's in perennial danger of falling down."

HAHAHA...That's sounds like my skating when I was 10...

Then again, my name isnt "He who crushes little people with toes" in some random language...

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Bookman said:
Looks like Derek Boogaard will make his NHL debut in Calgary. Of course, having Gaborik, O'Sullivan, and Koivu hurt helped make this possible, but who would have guessed when he was drafted that he'd ever skate a shift in the NHL.

Minnesota's probable opening lineup of forwards, per the St. Paul Pioneer Press:

Welcome to Minnesota Todd White - you won't be skating with the likes of Alfredsson any mooorrrrre!
That is great I was skared that Naz was going to be the enforcer there.

Transported Upstater

MN_Gopher said:
Well at least with this line up, whether Kessel leaves the U or not he will still stay in Minnesota.

The thing that scares me most with the Boogey man is; if he takes a dumb penality. I guess a team can have a non-talented oaf on their team to fill a role. But please please i beg you Derek. Don't be a dumb oaf and take lots off chippy penalties and 5 min majors. Fighting i can take. But in open ice like the new NHL. I cant see him being able to catch most guys to hit them. So when he does get his chance for a hit i see a 5 minute major for checking from behind. And double minors for charging and boarding and just general dumg roughing penalties.

This Cornell alum is still upset at UMinn :cry: ;)

Good luck to Kessel though.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
"However, at the end of the series, Boogaard delivered a vicious hit to Portland G Lanny Ramage as the latter was picking up the game puck, and he'll be suspended for the first 7 games of 2001-02 as a result."

HAHAHAHA!

Boogaard rules.

Ramage - "Yay, I did a good job today in goal, i'll go get the game puck to remember it"

Boogaard - "BOOGAARD SMASH!"

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->