GDT: The Bolts or CAPS Game|CBJ vs Sens|4-6-19|7:00 p.m.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
our incredible 1st round luck continues lol. make it 4 years in a row we lose to the eventual Cup winners

Reactions: Sam Spade

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Huh? Torts said he didn’t know what the lines will be to start the TB series. :huh:

Did say Tex would continue.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Huh? Torts said he didn’t know what the lines will be to start the TB series. :huh:

Did say Tex would continue.
Well, he said - we will have some fun in PO. Get ready for Fun.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They finished 6-2-1 (losses to CBJ Caps and canes) and you said they would be in playoffs over CBJ

I was wrong about the playoffs (oh yeah, It also took another great streak to get in for the CBJ. Something I also called), but I was right about their finish.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
maybe play better in regular season?

Sure, but there's a lot of luck involved as well. For instance, we actually led the Metro in ROWs - if there were ties instead of loser points, we'd have finished ahead of the Canes and Pens. Also, the likelihood of any given team to win the Cup even when they finish high is pretty low so it's a statistical abnormality to face the playoffs' best team so often.

Reactions: AZRoadRunner

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Big task ahead of you boys. Not impossible. Best of luck. Rock Tampa's f***ing world.

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
Big task ahead of you boys. Not impossible. Best of luck. Rock Tampa's ****ing world.
Ironically, this matchup has several (potentially) favorable aspects for the Jackets. Bolts come in overconfident and the CBJ play loose because no one thinks they can win. And if the Jackets get Vezina Bob in the first round, Columbus might be able to shock a whole lot of people. I hope the Jackets' coaching staff has studied the defensive schemes employed by Trotz/Reirden in last year's ECF between the Caps and Bolts. Can they beat the Bolts? It's possible, but a lot has to go right. I'd be happy to see a competitive six game series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad