OT: The Bobby Orr Suite

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Forever to be remembered for his magical flight across the Boston Garden ice on May 10, 1970, Bobby Orr again soared to new heights Tuesday, this time in the Official Hoteliers Rebranding Guidebook.

The Ames Boston Hotel, housed on Court Street in what stood proudly as the city’s tallest building in the 1890s, officially unveiled the Bobby Orr Suite. The 600-square-foot pad, chock-full of No. 4 memorabilia — much of it culled from Orr’s own collection — will help fund the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in his hometown of Parry Sound, Ontario.

Unbelievable, it really is, they’ve done a nice job,” Orr said. “If you’re a sports buff, a hockey buff, it’s great.

Above the bed: a replica of Orr’s No. 4 that was lifted to the Garden’s dusty rafters in 1979 — not long after he helped the Bruins to Stanley Cups in 1970 and ’72. A few old Garden wooden chairs ring the 70-inch TV.

In the bathroom: a picture of Andre the Giant, the towering wrestling icon, hoisting Orr as if he were a small sack of Prince Edward Island potatoes (shameless Maritimes plug).

And fitting’s Orr spirit of self-deprecation and wit, a statue that portrays the dynamic blue liner, among the sport’s fastest and most elusive skaters, getting dumped by one of the Plager brothers of the St. Louis Blues.

“I can’t tell you now if it was Bobby or Barclay,” Orr recalled with a hearty laugh. “All I can tell you is, boy, he got me good . . . ass over teakettle.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...y-orr-suite/TC7aBzYqFHTY7cE3xP0GcN/story.html

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Forever to be remembered for his magical flight across the Boston Garden ice on May 10, 1970, Bobby Orr again soared to new heights Tuesday, this time in the Official Hoteliers Rebranding Guidebook.

The Ames Boston Hotel, housed on Court Street in what stood proudly as the city’s tallest building in the 1890s, officially unveiled the Bobby Orr Suite. The 600-square-foot pad, chock-full of No. 4 memorabilia — much of it culled from Orr’s own collection — will help fund the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in his hometown of Parry Sound, Ontario.

Unbelievable, it really is, they’ve done a nice job,†Orr said. “If you’re a sports buff, a hockey buff, it’s great.

Above the bed: a replica of Orr’s No. 4 that was lifted to the Garden’s dusty rafters in 1979 — not long after he helped the Bruins to Stanley Cups in 1970 and ’72. A few old Garden wooden chairs ring the 70-inch TV.

In the bathroom: a picture of Andre the Giant, the towering wrestling icon, hoisting Orr as if he were a small sack of Prince Edward Island potatoes (shameless Maritimes plug).

And fitting’s Orr spirit of self-deprecation and wit, a statue that portrays the dynamic blue liner, among the sport’s fastest and most elusive skaters, getting dumped by one of the Plager brothers of the St. Louis Blues.

“I can’t tell you now if it was Bobby or Barclay,†Orr recalled with a hearty laugh. “All I can tell you is, boy, he got me good . . . ass over teakettle.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...y-orr-suite/TC7aBzYqFHTY7cE3xP0GcN/story.html
What is the cost per night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad