Post-Game Talk: The Bloodbath, Revisited

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Largely because we don’t have a team that can do that. Ericsson is fairly efficient as a fighter...I think back to when he fought Jamie Benn two(?) years ago and just mandhandled him. Abdelkader has never been a good square up fighter. He fights in such an uncontrolled chaotic fashion that he often falls down within two punches. And as good of a fighter as Witkowski is, he won’t be seeing the ice enough to be having that impact because teams just won’t fight him if they know that his intent is only to just interrupt games.
Kenny should pay for boxing and MMA lessons for everyone. Forget hockey, let's fight.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
I love helm and while he's a little overpaid it's ridiculous how much crap he's given from people

He at least 2m overpaid. Frankly the opportunities he has should lead him to being a 30 goal scorer. He isnt a good shooter or passer nor does he belong in the top 6.

But his speed is what makes him nice, but we have acquired a decent amount of speed now. For me if the option is paying helm 4m or paying ehh and de la rose less than 1m each, it's pretty clear who I would choose.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Well that was ugly. Not really a single redeeming quality about the whole thing.

But at the same time, I figure it's right after the deadline, it's only the third horrendous loss in 60+ games, and two of them have been against a team that's had their number for a few years now. So not forgiven, but not completely unexpected.

Really, I'm less concerned with losing 8-1 than with how they respond to it. Three days off to let that embarrassment fester; let's see how they do in Arizona.

Ya that was ugly. I'm all for loses as I want to loose for Hughes or suck for Kak, but I dont want to see losses that are 8-1. You're right though, how they respond Saturday is what's important, especially for the kids.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Meh, I'm good with that

20 or so games left and every loss is another chance we get worse in the standings

Larkin should just take a break for a few games
Great, now AA gets to be #1 center and assistant captain....this should be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad