The Biggest NFL What If's

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
1. What if Vick never got caught or participated in dog fighting? He would've played his entire career in Atlanta, but what about Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco? (2008 NFL Draft)

2. What if Peyton won every playoff game against Brady (vice versa)?

3. What if Brady never got drafted by the Patriots? (Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre for Green Bay as well)

4. (Ryan Leaf = Indianapolis) (Peyton Manning = Chargers)? Philip Rivers?

5. What if the 2004 draft went differently than expected? Ben, Phillip, And Eli?

6. What if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 2016 with Prescott, Elliott, and Dez?

7. What if the Seahawks "ran the ball"?

8. What if Blair Walsh made the 27 yard field goal?

9. What if they "caught it"? (James, Bryant, Brady, etc.)

10. What if the Falcons kept their lead? Would Brady's legacy be affected with 4 SB losses instead of 3?

Now, I understand that there's several NFL scenarios, but there's always more "fictional scenarios" on YouTube:

n if l - YouTube

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
If the Seahawks ran the ball, it would have been Wilson to the weakside corner if they want to win. Lynch got stuffed most of that game.
And f*** Blair Walsh.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
We've had this conversation multiple times and it just isn't true. Lynch went for 102 on 24 with an average of 4.3 and a long of 15. Only 4 runs gained 0 or 1 yards. Eighteen gained 3 or more, including the one right before the touchdown, which yielded 4 and got them to where they were. He didn't run wild, but he wasn't stuffed. He just consistently moved them forward in short bursts.

Anyway, most of these questions can be answered with a shrug and a "what if they did?" Not much would change other than perceptions. The more interesting scenarios are the ones involving the draft, or departures/arrivals that did/didn't happen.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
-If Norwood made the field goal

-If Kevin Dyson could have gotten 1 more yard in Super Bowl 34.

-If Martz wasnt a clown and gave Faulk the ball more in Super Bowl 36.

-If Favre runs instead throwing it right to Porter.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
1. What if Vick never got caught or participated in dog fighting? He would've played his entire career in Atlanta, but what about Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco? (2008 NFL Draft)

3. What if Brady never got drafted by the Patriots? (Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre as well)

5. What if the 2004 draft went differently than expected? Ben, Phillip, And Eli?

6. What if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl in 2016 with Prescott, Elliott, and Dez?

10. What if the Falcons kept their lead? Would Brady's legacy be affected with 4 SB losses instead of 3?

Now, I understand that there's several NFL scenarios, but there's always more "fictional scenarios" on YouTube:

n if l - YouTube

I don't really think #6 is a big what if, especially because it was unlikely to happen in the first place. I think Atlanta and New England were both better teams.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
if the Miracle at the Meadowlands never happened, the Giants [probably] never hire Parcells, which in turn leads to a huge domino effect [very possible that the Patriots never win a Super Bowl if the Miracle didn't occur], it changes a ton of stuff about the league's history as we know it...

Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Dez catch/no-catch is the most overblown thing in recent years. Even if it was ruled at catch, the Cowboys probably lose that game. Even if they squeak by the Packers, they probably lose the next week. I know Cowboys homers want to pretend that call cost them a Super Bowl, but they weren't going anywhere with that defense.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
You aren't supposed to know the answer when you ask the what if questions, ie if Norwood made the field goal. They win and nothing else likely changes after that

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What if the Colts go with Leaf in 1998?

Are they even in Indy anymore?

Chargers probably don't draft LD either, given they'd have done better w/ Peyton.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You aren't supposed to know the answer when you ask the what if questions, ie if Norwood made the field goal. They win and nothing else likely changes after that
Not true. That win changes everything. The Bills could have won more. Parcells might have not retired (Yes, I know he cited health problems). That kick changed the effected more than that game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What if Charles Martin doesn't attack Jim McMahon?

Bears were primed to repeat and Martin ended those hopes and it lead ultimately to the Flutie debacle

What if Lovie Smith pulls plug on Grossman and starts Griese for SB as fans/media and almost everyone wanted

Grossman then proceeded to throwaway SB

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
What if the Chargers kept Drew Brees. I know he had an injured shoulder and they had the prototype River but I remember loving Brees even way back then.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What if Super Bowl 48 had been Denver vs. San Francisco instead of Seattle? That would not have been a 43-8 game. 49ers defense didn't have the speed of the Seahawks and their secondary, while good, wasn't as all-time fearsome as the 2013 Legion of Boom?

What if Denver-Seattle instead had met not in Super Bowl 48, but Super Bowl 47 a year earlier in New Orleans? (Wilson was a rookie, Denver had Dumervil, no Percy Harvin, Broncos defense had more teeth)

What if the Raiders-Patriots playoff game had not been in the snow? People forget the Raiders in 2001 blew 3 straight late-season games to blow a 2 seed and first round bye and could have hosted Brady/Belichick instead of what transpired.

What if the 2006 Chargers don't blow that playoff game vs. New England? Peyton might have never won a ring in Indy

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Not true. That win changes everything. The Bills could have won more. Parcells might have not retired (Yes, I know he cited health problems). That kick changed the effected more than that game.

I highly doubt the Bills would of repeated

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Dont agree. Think they win again. Its an inner mind thing. Its like the stupid Capitals. It took that sad sack franchise 10 years of having the best regular season record collectively to win it all? The chatter was would they or could they. They now did it. Its not a talking point anymore.

Those Cowboys teams were solid but still in the 2nd SB they outlayed them but really just ran out of gas in the 2nd half

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What if the Music City Miracle was not called the way it was? Actually that play never should have happened. Bills were called for some phantom holding call on a missed FG at the end of the first half. Retry was good.

The Tuck Rule is huge. If the Raiders win Gruden isnt gone. If the Patriots lose Bledsoe probably gets his job back.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

3. What if Brady never got drafted by the Patriots? (Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre as well)

n if l - YouTube

2 is fun to think aboyt but it goes deeper. If Bellichick is in NY Brady is likely not drafted at all maybe. The Jets could afford to get a good QB prospect at the time. Brady was drafted just to be drafted. I highly doubt they thought he was gunna be rushed in so quick.

Vick was always replaceable. By then his career was towards the backsude anyways.

Dont really get the point of #5 outside of Eli whined and he and Rivers were traded. Rivers probably has a better career in NY than San Diego though.

#10 doesnt meant much for me. Whats the difference between 3 or 4 losses? Still went 8 times and won atleast half. If there is something to look at its that most of these games except for the first Philly SB were close and could have gone either way

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
What if Super Bowl 48 had been Denver vs. San Francisco instead of Seattle? That would not have been a 43-8 game. 49ers defense didn't have the speed of the Seahawks and their secondary, while good, wasn't as all-time fearsome as the 2013 Legion of Boom?

What if Denver-Seattle instead had met not in Super Bowl 48, but Super Bowl 47 a year earlier in New Orleans? (Wilson was a rookie, Denver had Dumervil, no Percy Harvin, Broncos defense had more teeth)

What if the Raiders-Patriots playoff game had not been in the snow? People forget the Raiders in 2001 blew 3 straight late-season games to blow a 2 seed and first round bye and could have hosted Brady/Belichick instead of what transpired.

What if the 2006 Chargers don't blow that playoff game vs. New England? Peyton might have never won a ring in Indy

49ers would have beat them too. Seattle and San Francisco was the super bowl. Seattle acknowledged this. Lol @ not thinking the 49ers defense had speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad