The Biggest Loser

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
Looking over the standings and see that there are still 3 teams without a win this season.
The following teams are;

Detroit 0-2-2
Florida 0-1-1
Edmonton 0-2-0

Detroit expected to have a rough year but in most games so far this they've made the games close.

Edmonton figured they would want to come out strong and show that last year was just a fluke and come out strong.

Florida well didn't think they be one of the 3 teams as they had a strong finish last year and that they would build on from that.

So out of the 3 remaining teams who are winless which one do you think will be last to earn their first victory of the season?

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Edmonton - tough first 10 games, no offence outside of McD, no #1/#2 defenceman, average goaltending

Autism

Sep 29, 2013
Ontario
Detroit will be the biggest loser.

I see Edmonton beating the Rangers and Florida beating Vancouver.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
The next five games for the currently winless teams;

Detroit: @ Boston, @ Montreal, @ Tampa Bay, @ Florida, Carolina.
Florida: Vancouver, @ Philadelphia, @ Washington, Detroit, @ NY Rangers.
Edmonton: @ NY Rangers, @ Winnipeg, Boston, Nashville, Pittsburgh.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Looking at the upcoming schedules, Florida and Edmonton both have very winnable games coming up and Detroit has a pretty brutal one. So Detroit probably wins and they other two lose, because hockey.

If Edmonton doesn’t beat the Rangers, ouch. They’ve got a tough road ahead the next several games. Guess I gotta go with them.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
The next five games for the currently winless teams;

Detroit: @ Boston, @ Montreal, @ Tampa Bay, @ Florida, Carolina.
Florida: Vancouver, @ Philadelphia, @ Washington, Detroit, @ NY Rangers.
Edmonton: @ NY Rangers, @ Winnipeg, Boston, Nashville, Pittsburgh.

Edmonton's odds against Winnipeg, Boston, Nashville and Pittsburgh are not great, but they could win against Rangers. I can't see Florida or Detroit winning any games before they play against eachother. That's a tough schedule for both of them. Edmonton is going to be the first to win, and after that Detroit is going to take a big L against the Panthers.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Is this even a question?

The biggest loser in all of sport is the team that had what, four first overall draft picks and still cannot field a competitive team?

The Cleveland Browns have made strides while here you have the Oilers being an embarrassment.

The bigger debate is; are the Brown the Oilers of the NFL?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Edmonton's odds against Winnipeg, Boston, Nashville and Pittsburgh are not great, but they could win against Rangers. I can't see Florida or Detroit winning any games before they play against eachother. That's a tough schedule for both of them. Edmonton is going to be the first to win, and after that Detroit is going to take a big L against the Panthers.
Nothing is a gimme but, Vancouver?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Their roster is pretty garbage but Petterson alone, not to mention unfamiliarity with him, could help them pull out a win. Kid is unreal. I still think Florida beats them, but Vancouver is not as bad as they were last year.
Oh no, I'm not debating that at all. And I like Pettersson, a lot. I just don't think it's a "I can't see Florida winning" type of thing like he said.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Not like Florida has been terrible this year. Could of been 2-0, 1-0-1. 1-1 etc...
SOL to Tampa and a blown 3rd period loss to the Blue Jackets, with Reimer starting due to Luo being injured again.
Can't say much about the others as I've watched 0 seconds of their games so far.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Is this even a question?

The biggest loser in all of sport is the team that had what, four first overall draft picks and still cannot field a competitive team?

The Cleveland Browns have made strides while here you have the Oilers being an embarrassment.

Oilers won a playoff series 2 years ago and nearly won 2. That has ended the debate.

By "strides" you mean won 2 games after picking 1st overall a few months ago?

lmao

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Much like the Devils being the only undefeated team it's strange that a mere 3 teams are winless after only 9 days of action.
Maybe the standings, as of the American Thanksgiving Day, won't be as indicative of who will make the playoffs and which teams won't. It would be kind of a nice change.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Edmonton's game against the Rangers is an afternoon game. We rarely play a good game of hockey in the afternoon.

If there's an excuse to lose a game. We'll find it.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Is this even a question?

This isnt even a question. It's a resounding no

The fact that you brought this up leads me to believe you don't actually know anything about the history of the Browns.

Let me know when the Katz wants to move the team, the old team gets suspended for 4 years, then the new/old team (rebranded in another city [Regina] because of a partially failed relocation) finds decades of success and wins a SC 4 years later.

In the NHL it would look like this (approximately, but worse):
That would be like an alternate universe where the Penguins go bankrupt in 04, Mario buys the team and says f*** Pittsburgh, moves the team to a nearby city with no NHL team (same division), rebrands them as the polar bears, wins the draft lottery for Crosby and they win the cup in 09. Hey pens fans, it's okay cause you got to keep the penguins brand even though you dont get a team until 08. Then when you finally get a team it's worse than the Atlanta Thrashers, but they dont relocate because that would be too easy...you have to then suffer through 18 years of hell on earth and multiple trash years, one of which you dont even win a game. No. No team in the NHL is anywhere near the Browns.

The Browns epitomize failure... No team in the history of the NHL has had a winless season, nor a winning % of 0.289 over a decade....0.289 WIN% OVER A DECADE - LOL. I'm a huge Vikings fan, who're the Cubs of the NFL, and I thank Satan every day that I'm not a Browns fan

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerfans

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Oilers own that title

Their fans would literally fight you to the death in every thread saying:
Chia is a top 3 GM and GM of the year
McLellan should be HC of year and is way better than Babcock
Talbots is elite
Defending Larsson/Hall trade saying they wouldn’t have made playoffs and would do it again 10/10 times
Klefbom and Larsson are elite D

What else were they saying lol

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Oilers own that title

Their fans would literally fight you to the death in every thread saying:
Chia is a top 3 GM and GM of the year
McLellan should be HC of year and is way better than Babcock
Talbots is elite
Defending Larsson/Hall trade saying they wouldn’t have made playoffs and would do it again 10/10 times
Klefbom and Larsson are elite D

What else were they saying lol
I was puzzled by the Hall trade. I wouldn't have done it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->