THE BIGGEST ISSUE: CULTURE

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by OilersRage, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Boys are back in town

Kind how we traded 2 excellent faceoff centermen and spent 5 years looking for replaxements.
    Stoll and Broziak

2. Ramrod

Ramrod Happily outscoring

Are you ****ing kidding me? At the end of his time here, Schultz was getting booed when he touched the puck AT HOME.

3. Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl Civilized Worm

I disagree here. This org, if they don't like a player, or don't want them, will invent a reason to stir up a controversy. Did this with all of Pronger, Smyth, Souray, Hall, Comrie, Gilbert, Petry etc. The org checks what gets stated on social media like this board as well. This org years ago actually had people posting favorable org comments online from confederate posters sought out for that express purpose. they like to shape and monitor what opinion is. It then justifies whatever latest crazy whacked out deal they can put together.

Years ago even when the Oilers were not affording being a contender they carefully sought out information on most popular players. Afairc they even polled season ticket holders. They had to move out players and wanted input on who they should keep. They ended up keeping Smyth and moving out Weight and Guerin. They felt they could do that due to the fan opinion at the time and that was around the time that Smyth was most popular player even though Weight was a more integral player.

But mostly paying fans have culpability because they allow the Oilers charade o incompetence to persist for so long. Endlessly really. Since the OP has been a fan. This org had about a decade of being astute and after that getting their lunch money stolen.

4. BudBundy

BudBundy Registered User

Because he was playing way too high in the line up, he played like crap. Because he played like crap, he got boo’d and traded. You are confusing cause and effect. What you are trying to tell me is that an Oilers GM has had a good player that somehow the fans just dont like, so the GM says “well gee, I sure like him but the fans boo’d him so I guess I’d better phone Garth Snow and dump him.” Doesnt happen.

5. TB12

TB12 Registered User

I have no doubt there will be a Harvard business case review done about the Oilers “management” that MBA students in university will study.

6. TB12

TB12 Registered User

At least the fans were knowledgeable enough to boo the right Schultz.

:sarcasm:

7. Multigrain

Multigrain Registered User

So did McDavids contract bust the franchise? It all seemed to go downhill once that happened.

8. Ramrod

Ramrod Happily outscoring

It no longer allowed Chiarelli's other gaffes to remain hidden.

Multigrain likes this.
  9. Multigrain

Multigrain Registered User

So what will the fans do tonight if they don't win?

10. Rafters

Rafters Registered User

cableguy
    Home Page:
    I would think the biggest problem is being able to evaluate and acquire nhl talent