the biggest game left on the schedule

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Sup Sens fan, Bruins fan coming in peace.

I'm sure there's one thing we can all agree on: **** the Leafs (and Habs too while I'm at it). Anyway I'm sure you've noticed the Leafs in a total free fall. They're probably going to need to win their final game of the year to have any chance of getting in. That game happens to be against Ottawa, in Ottawa.

Ottawa's my home town, so I thought I'd give you guys something to cheer for. Here's to Saturday April 12th, the day the Sens send the Leafs golfing. Circle that date.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
We won't win that one because the refs won't allow the leafs to be knocked out of the playoffs by our hands. They'll call a bunch of ticky tack **** on us and give the leafs a big lead and then when the game is out of hand they'll start giving us pps to make it look like the game was called evenly. I'm predicting they'll send Peel/O'Rourke or Devorski to make sure we don't win that game. I fully expect the leafs to get a phantom penalty shot if Peel is there and for a sens player to be boarded without a call being made if Devorski is there. If O'Rourke is there we'll also be called for diving cause Karlsson is a diver apparently.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We won't win that one because the refs won't allow the leafs to be knocked out of the playoffs by our hands. They'll call a bunch of ticky tack **** on us and give the leafs a big lead and then when the game is out of hand they'll start giving us pps to make it look like the game was called evenly. I'm predicting they'll send Peel/O'Rourke or Devorski to make sure we don't win that game. I fully expect the leafs to get a phantom penalty shot if Peel is there and for a sens player to be boarded without a call being made if Devorski is there. If O'Rourke is there we'll also be called for diving cause Karlsson is a diver apparently.

Agreed.

This league has become quite predictable. Add in an very unhappy locker room, and I doubt the guys will even bother to show up for the game (figuratively speaking). Expect a massive blowout for the Laffs.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
if the fate of the laffs fall into our hands, it would defiantly be awesome.

but then again, I bet the NHL/refs would totally screw us over in that game.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Most players on the team probably feel like us - they just want the season over as soon as possible. It's been constant negativity since day one and that wears on people.

Also, you would have to figure that this game will be 70% Leaf fans in attendance, right?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Man the morale in here is at an all time low almost.

Well it's hard not to be down, given the circumstances. I'm sure morale in the Sens dressing room is the same as it is on these boards.

Now that I'm older and (I like to think at least) a more mature hockey fan than when I was a whiney teenager, that I can let go of the whole NHL vs Senators conspiracy. But..

cropped_kadri.gif

...because it's not a penalty.

Ya, alright then.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Funny thing about that hit is if you look at the greatest goals link of game 6 in 02 vs the leafs, Kadri's hit looks much worse than Persson's hit on Domi yet we got a major and the leafs got nothing for Kadri's hit. I do wonder though if it was just the refs making up for the missed call on Alfie's hit on Tucker.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Every time I watch that gif I die a little inside. I just can't believe how terrible the refs have been this season. Not even just for the Sens (though man, it has been hard not to think there is some kind of 'fixing' going on after being forced to watch the debacles with Toronto and Montreal) but for the NHL in general.

It makes my experience watching hockey un-enjoyable a lot of the time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm just glad Ceci wasn't hurt. It might've affected his game a little bit for a while, but he's been looking pretty good lately.

The one thing about negativity...it's like quicksand. Once you get into it, it draws you down. The harder you struggle with it, the faster it envelops you.

Sometimes it's just better to take a deep breath, go out for a walk, and change the mindset for awhile.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well it's hard not to be down, given the circumstances. I'm sure morale in the Sens dressing room is the same as it is on these boards.

Now that I'm older and (I like to think at least) a more mature hockey fan than when I was a whiney teenager, that I can let go of the whole NHL vs Senators conspiracy. But..

cropped_kadri.gif

...because it's not a penalty.

Ya, alright then.

It's honestly unbelievable that wasn't penalized at all. I still don't understand that one at all, he could have been instantly paralyzed from that hit.

The NHL justice is beyond a joke at this point.

I am glad though that it's starting to be questioned in the main media a lot more than it has in the past.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
If they have the opportunity to knock Toronto out of the playoffs, that would basically make up for every bad game I have seen this year and give me something to laugh about all summer. Please, just win that one.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

NAILED IT.

They'll also make Eric Furlatt a linesman for that evening to make sure everything "goes to plan".

I hate being a conspiracy theorist, but I've got too much visual data telling me that teams get calls and some teams don't.

The Toronto games, the Montreal games, the game against St. Louis...officiating is a joke and it's a joke in one direction it seems.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ceci saying it was his fault probably factored into the no suspension too

I love it when players are honest about their mistakes but that was too nice of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad