The Big Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
is the NHL in critical enough condition that the owners would rather lose a season or 2 or 3 than compromise any farther with the nhlpa? if the league is in that critical of shape i do not blame them for doing whatever they deem necessary to save the league. and i am sure some individual franchises survival may depend on the outcome of this negotiation. though i really do not think that edmonton and carolina are in as bad shape as some others possibly nashville, florida and pittsburgh though people like to bring up the oilers and my canes. however we just DO NOT know how desparate the leagues situation is. if it is not as critical as thought then they may come to terms with the union-if it is severely critical then there will not be a compromise but a nuclear winter resulting in either extinction or the re-birth of a hockey league. the stakes are pretty high either way.

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
Honestly, if the whole season is cancelled I'm not sure the NHL can survive. If it does, financially it is going to be in serious trouble for a few years. The millions being fought over are not going to be there for either side.

If they don't get a deal done, the financial problems are only just starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad