Pre-Game Talk: The Big One: Canucks vs. Lightning, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Tampa has only lost 7 games in regulation this season. One was against us.

So we have a chance at owning 25% of their losses.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Cmon guys lets get these guys and proove all the doubters wrong. Unfortunately against the Lightening I am one of those doubters :laugh:

5-3 Tampa with our goals by Boeser Horvat and Jake Virtanen

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
we need our D to keep up controlled zone exits and for our goalie to manage the HDCA coming from their high guy F3 and we just gotta play our game and get pucks on net, chicken nuggets, fries...

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Our win against Tampa earlier this year was one of the more unexpected victories we've had - a come-from-behind in the 3rd period, no less.

Coach Green - "Anders, I've got good news for you - you're getting a start."
Nilsson - "That's great coach!"
Coach Green - "You'll be starting against Tampa."
Nilsson - "I'm sorry, did you just say I'm starting against Atlanta? They don't even have a team!"
Coach Green - "No. I said you'll be starting against Tampa."
Nilsson - "Oh. Oh, that's much worse..."

No wonder he did so well... Nilsson has a perfect 1.000 save percentage vs Atlanta. :nod:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Should be an absolute cakewalk. The Lightning have been dreadful this year. Paul Ysebaert is their leading scorer and Rob Zamuner has not looked like an Olympian.

Thinking Bure gets a few goals here and Naslund continues his progression.

7-1 Canucks. Hopefully Brashear mauls Marchment. **** Messier.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I had forgotten Nilsson was in net for the first Tampa game...
Would be OK with him getting the start. If we are competitive and he keeps us close, give him the next game as well v the Blues then come back with Marky v the Jets on Sat.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Don’t care about result. We are getting eerily close to the vaunted 9th/ 10th seed purgatory.

Just want EP40 points and I’m happy.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Should be an absolute cakewalk. The Lightning have been dreadful this year. Paul Ysebaert is their leading scorer and Rob Zamuner has not looked like an Olympian.

Thinking Bure gets a few goals here and Naslund continues his progression.

7-1 Canucks. Hopefully Brashear mauls Marchment. **** Messier.

LMAO at this post, I'm sure Messier just landed his Lays commercial by then.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Watched a couple of periods of that Jets-Bolts OT game on Hockey Sunday....Have to say those two teams are positively scary....Lightning forwards are as fast as greased lightning through the neutral zone....they could terrorize the Canucks d-corps. Canucks can't start chasing and taking penalties.....that Lightning pp is lethal.

At least Green gets the last change. But containing this Bolts team will be tough. All they can hope for is to keep it tight checking and dump pucks in behind the Tampa d-men. Would be a shame to claw their back to .500, only to drop one game below again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad