Player Discussion The Big Fella: Zack MacEwen (MAY 7 - Suspended 1 game)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Interesting.

I don’t think he’s quite ready yet but has earned a look. Will be a miracle if Green actually dresses him, though.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Wonder if they put him in a top 6 role and then maybe we see that Virtanen for Fabrro trade later this month

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
He's earned it. Incredible how lowly the board had him in the prospect ranking vote at the beginning of the year.

Edit: Was ranked #17 in our 2018 rankings to start the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Interesting.

I don’t think he’s quite ready yet but has earned a look. Will be a miracle if Green actually dresses him, though.

why do you think he is not ready ???? can he do any worse then half of our forwards

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Nice, now we see if Green will give him a look over Granlund, knowing how these things go I'm gonna say he'll be a black ace for a little while before he goes back down.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
He's still really raw but this is good for him in that it both rewards his stretch of good play and will also immediately show him what he needs to improve upon further to be an NHL regular, assuming he gets game time

Reactions: timw33 and MS

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Let's play: "How many Utica Comets can we fit in the press box?"

Seriously though, the guy deserved a shot earlier in the year considering the rotation of "top six" wingers currently cycling through this team.

Reactions: timw33

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Would like to see him get a look in the top 9, ideally instead of Granlund but you just know he's either going to be in the press box or Goldobin will be scratched.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Stoked for the kid. He’s 6’4 220lbs and if he can make a name for himself standing up for Petey and Brock, he’ll be on the roster for years to come.

Check his highlights. He can fight.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
MacEwan has been playing the right side in Utica. Can he switch to left wing? Granlund was down to eight minutes last night, so clearly he should be the guy coming out. But Green is just as likely to bench Goldy again.

MacEwan has been killing penalties in Utica and is a net-front presence on the pp. I really hope he doesn't simply join Brisebois for popcorn duty in the press box. For the love of god, just play these kids.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I would guess that they view Bear as a long term injury at this point. And with 4 games in 6 nights, all on the west coast coming up, better to have the extra bodies around for the coming week.

Doubt either Comet gets into a game.

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
I don’t know much about this guy, but everyone on canucks.com seems about as happy as when Archibald was getting called up! I always hated Archibald, he was brutal and no doubt about it he has no where near NHL skill level in any department, and have no clue why he was ever playing for us. Please tell me this guy brings more to the table? Please?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad