The Big 4 (Ranking)

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Laughable seeing Eberle 4th on some lists.

I guess there's no way to make believers out of people. Kid has been our best forward this year. Was our best forward last year. Frankly he's the best Oiler since 44....

Kid will score 45 and 100 points next season.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Now:
Eberle
Hall
RNH
Yakupov

Future:
RNH
Eberle
Hall
Yakupov

All 4 are going to be studs

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Yakupov is pretty one-dimensional right now, but he's only 18 and has played all of 4 games in the NHL. He's not nearly as bad defensively as Rick Nash was in his first few seasons in the NHL and he's probably as gifted a scorer, if not better.

The thing is though, is that he's already got probably the best shot on the team. Not just in the velocity, but he's deadly accurate and gets it off quickly. Not to mention, he can one-time it from anywhere. He's a terrific passer and a great skater even when compared to some of the incredible skaters we already have on this tem. There isn't a tool he doesn't possess, and once he gets a feel for the NHL game, he's going to be something else.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
It's hard to rank them because they all bring different things to the team.

Yakupov will be the best goal scorer, RNH will be the best all around / set up man. Hall will continue to be the heart beat of the team creating space for his linemates with speed and tenacity. Eberle will always put up solid offense but I feel like he'll be more of a complimentary player to one of the other kids.

IMO after a few years I'd have it :

RNH
Hall
Yakupov
Eberle

I know I know... Eberle 4th. Sue me.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Elite #1 center, will probably rack up the most points cause hes in the middle, expecting 90 points annualy with a couple 100 point seasons.
2. Justin Schultz: I think he will be the best defenceman on the Oilers since Pronger. Certainly wont be as effective as Pronger, but will put up alot of points.
3. Nail Yakupov: Elite shot, great release, fast as h***, perenial 40 goal scorer with a couple 50s.
4. Jordan Eberle: Already a star in the league, certainly the best ATM, I think he plateau though, and hover right around where he is now, a PPG player.
5. Taylor Hall: Heart and hustle kind of player, will probably be captain, or at least be a full time A, he's very quick but lacks IQ still.

They are all special for different reasons, just glad they are all ours.:yo:

inewby

Sep 10, 2010
What? :amazed::help:

Do you realize how unrealistic your predictions are. My lord, when's the last time any team had 4 80+ point scorers?

whens the last time a team had the 4 best players(ok, top 3) of there draft class.

edit- 2008 draft class was stacked. eberle might not be top 3 in that draft.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
whens the last time a team had the 4 best players(ok, top 3) of there draft class.

edit- 2008 draft class was stacked. eberle might not be top 3 in that draft.

Ya, having the best player out of 3 straight drafts, and a top 5 in another is a little beyond unheard of

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I wouldnt call Yakupov one dimesional at all.

Right now:
Eberle
RNH
Hall
Yakupov

Future:
RNH
Yakupov/Eberle
Hall

But Hall will still be the heart and soul kind of player.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
No matter how you rank these 4 .. I beat them in scoring... see you next time..

signed J.Schultz (in a russian accent)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yep, any understanding of the foibles in either Yak or Halls game needs to consider the speed in which they attack. Its harder to maintain full puck control at high speed but if you do your in on net with a serious scoring chance. Which is why you do it. Plus anybody thats played D knows what a nightmare it is facing either. You can never cheat, are never comfortable, and always have to look out for the rockets. Guys like Yak or Hall create space for everybody because they push the D cover.

Plus both have powerforward potential which the other two don't. I don't agree with you on the Nuge assessment and overall I'm seeing him losing most puck battles.

Yak could be the "next one".

i really don't think hall gets enough credit for opening up the ice for his teammates... when he has been injured you could see the other team's D cheat up as our forwards entered the zone... when hall has the puck, they have to back up... it's just *such* a difference, but it doesn't show up on the scoresheet as points for him, so many people don't give him credit for it.... on many occasions, a rush by hall might as well be an assist on a RNH or eberle goal

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
i really don't think hall gets enough credit for opening up the ice for his teammates... when he has been injured you could see the other team's D cheat up as our forwards entered the zone... when hall has the puck, they have to back up... it's just *such* a difference, but it doesn't show up on the scoresheet as points for him, so many people don't give him credit for it.... on many occasions, a rush by hall might as well be an assist on a RNH or eberle goal

dont know about this... at ES Hall might be opening ice for his teammates but never gets the puck to them.. He makes the D back up but then gives up the puck trying to deke through 2 guys

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Looking back, could end up being two of the top 5 out of the 2008 draft with Eberle and Schultz. I think Schultz is gonna be that good.

They have their work cut out for them,

Steven Stamkos has 2 rockets and 3 90+ point seasons already.
Drew Doughty has a norris nomination and a Stanley Cup.
Erik Karlsson already has a norris.
Alex Pietrangelo is grooming to be the best defender in the league. 4th in norris voting last year.

It's an extremely talented draft class.

Sloth Slothersons*

1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Elite #1 center, will probably rack up the most points cause hes in the middle, expecting 90 points annualy with a couple 100 point seasons.
2. Justin Schultz: I think he will be the best defenceman on the Oilers since Pronger. Certainly wont be as effective as Pronger, but will put up alot of points.
3. Nail Yakupov: Elite shot, great release, fast as h***, perenial 40 goal scorer with a couple 50s.
4. Jordan Eberle: Already a star in the league, certainly the best ATM, I think he plateau though, and hover right around where he is now, a PPG player.
5. Taylor Hall: Heart and hustle kind of player, will probably be captain, or at least be a full time A, he's very quick but lacks IQ still.

They are all special for different reasons, just glad they are all ours.:yo:

Dream big I guess.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
As a Flames fan

Eberle is your best player and I think he will be for a long time. He's just so dangerous. When the Flames play the Oilers, I'm quite frightened of Eberle, especially on the powerplay.

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
1. Hall
2. Eberle
3. Nuge
4. Yakupov

I feel that Hall is the stick that stirs the drink. If he was out, that top line would be Much less effective.

TTTT

Jan 7, 2010
Eberle: best oiler?

Hi guys, habs fan here.

I was checking a couple of your games this year and something jumped at me: Eberle looks ahead pretty much every player in your team in terms of hockey IQ, creativity, puck possession, ice vision. He did some really crazy spinorama blind passes that worked to perfection.

I know there were some threads on this last year, but do you feel Eberle is, right now, your best player.

And do you think he will/will not be your best player in the years to come?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Right now yes.

In the future its likely RNH or Yak.

:)

Hall is generally known as the Heart of this team. He's not the most talented of our 5, but he's arguably the most important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad