The best prospect combination from the same team? #4

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
The Isles take the third poll with a stunning group of young guns, all of which have been drafted relatively late for prospects as good as they are. Those four guys will definitely be something to be afraid of in the future.

THE TOP 31 PROSPECT COMBINATIONS IN THE NHL:

Rank|Team|Prospects|Percentage

1|:flyers|LW Oskar Lindblom, C Nolan Patrick, D Travis Sanheim, G Carter Hart|40.00%

2|:nucks|RW Brock Boeser, C Elias Pettersson, D Olli Juolevi, G Thatcher Demko|*

3|:isles|RW Joshua Ho-Sang, C Mathew Barzal, D Ryan Pulock, G Linus Söderström|29.69%

* A poll for #2 would have been useless, since Vancouver would have gotten a landslide win in that one - therefore, I decided to skip that one and slot them into the second place.

Things to keep in mind:

- ~95% of the prospects have been chosen by going through each team's prospect ranking. You may voice your opinion in the comments, should you see a name that shouldn't be as an option.
- Every list consists of one player from each position, not the four best guys from each team. So, for example: Strome will not be included in the Arizona group, as he is not a better C than Keller, nor is he a winger.
- It will take a couple of minutes to put up the poll after posting the thread.

Let's go!

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Los Angeles goalie prospect should be Petersen. It would also make our list sexier

Damn, I completely forgot about him. I was totally under the impression that you guys were still as thin at G depth as you used to be before this summer. Didn't see any prospect rankings with him either. Any Kings fans able to confirm this?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Clb
nsh
min
ana
fla

How is FLA over TB? (As an example, I just find it silly that TB isn't in the top-5)

Borgstrom~(<)Howden (picked close in the draft both have improved since draft. I prefer Howden as he looks like a perfect 2c in the future)
Tippett>=Raddysh (both project as top-6 snipers)
McCoshen<<<<<<Sergachev (this one isn't close)
Montembault<Ingram (Both very solid G prospects but Ingram is better at least in my opinion)

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
How is FLA over TB? (As an example, I just find it silly that TB isn't in the top-5)

Borgstrom~(<)Howden (picked close in the draft both have improved since draft. I prefer Howden as he looks like a perfect 2c in the future)
Montembault<Ingram (Both very solid G prospects but Ingram is better at least in my opinion)

Is this a joke?

Borgstrom >>> Howden
Tippett >>> Raddysh
McCoshen <<< Sergachev
Montembault = Ingram

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Los Angeles goalie prospect should be Petersen. It would also make our list sexier

On the same note, I'd have chosen Eriksson-Ek as the Ducks' goalie prospect over Metcalf. Both are projects, so it's likely not going to make a huge difference, to be fair.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
For the first time ever, I'm voting for the Rags in a prospect poll. Buchnevich-Andersson is lethal, DeAngelo has crazy upside to go with regular crazy, and Shesty has good voodoo, so I've been told.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

only sergachev is better than the florida player.

don't have a dog in the race, unbiased opinion.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
why is brooks being listed over Grundstrom? is it because you are trying to include a C in every group? Nashville doesnt have a C listed. How is Dylan Strome not the #2 for zona? they should be blowing everyone away because no one can touch that 1-2 punch

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm gonna homer vote NJ. Hischier + Blackwood is pretty strong, and Santini and Quenneville have already impressed in NHL play.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Nsh for me.. Though, i thought that Saros wouldnt be a prospect anymore. Him and Tolvanen tips the scale IMO.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
why is brooks being listed over Grundstrom? is it because you are trying to include a C in every group? Nashville doesnt have a C listed. How is Dylan Strome not the #2 for zona? they should be blowing everyone away because no one can touch that 1-2 punch

If you took the time to read the OP, you'd know. I even specifically bolded the relevant part of the post for people beforehand, but I guess it still was too tough a mission to take note of that.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
McIntyre over Vladar for Boston. And Bjork over DeBrusk.

Bjork will be included in the next poll. McIntyre will have to wait until you guys get far enough in your prospect ranking to have a goalie as the winner of a poll.

On the same note, I'd have chosen Eriksson-Ek as the Ducks' goalie prospect over Metcalf.

Will fix this one too. OEE wasn't voted in at the time of making this poll for the first time.

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Of course you take Tampa.. comparing to the Rangers (who I think will win) or Preds (who can also win)
Lias>>>>Howden
Buch>>>>>>>>>>>>Raddysh
Deangelo<<<Serg
Shesty>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ingram

Preds vs Tampa
Kamenev>Howden
Tolvanen>>>>>>>Raddysh
Fabbro<<Serg
Saros>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ingram

more like

Borgstrom>>>>>>>Howden
Tippett(not even a fan)>>>>>>>Raddysh
McCoshen<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Serg
Montembeault>Ingram

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Is this a joke?

Borgstrom >>> Howden
Tippett >>> Raddysh
McCoshen <<< Sergachev
Montembault = Ingram

Lol no way is Borgstrom that far agead of Howden. Both were drafted a few picks apart and both had amazing +1 seasons. They are close.

I see where you are coming from with Tippett>>>Raddysh but I disagree. Raddysh absolutely tore up the O last year.

Not enough >s between Serg and McCoshen

I can kinda see Montembault being even with Ingram but Ingram is younger and had awesome stars in W.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Of course you take Tampa.. comparing to the Rangers (who I think will win) or Preds (who can also win)
Lias>>>>Howden
Buch>>>>>>>>>>>>Raddysh
Deangelo<<<Serg
Shesty>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ingram

Preds vs Tampa
Kamenev>Howden
Tolvanen>>>>>>>Raddysh
Fabbro<<Serg
Saros>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ingram

more like

Borgstrom>>>>>>>Howden
Tippett(not even a fan)>>>>>>>Raddysh
McCoshen<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Serg
Montembeault>Ingram
Not even close on Cats. I explained it in 2 posts now so not doing it again.

Rangers have a good case. Andersson>Howden, Buch>=Raddysh, Shesty>>>Ingram. However Serg>>>>>>>DeAngelo so I give edge to TB.

As for preds Howden>=Kamenev Raddysh~Tolvanen Serg>>>Fabbro Ingram<<<Saros. Edge to Tampa.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not even close on Cats. I explained it in 2 posts now so not doing it again.

Rangers have a good case. Andersson>Howden, Buch>=Raddysh, Shesty>>>Ingram. However Serg>>>>>>>DeAngelo so I give edge to TB.

As for preds Howden>=Kamenev Raddysh~Tolvanen Serg>>>Fabbro Ingram<<<Saros. Edge to Tampa.

Buch slight edge against Raddysh is hilarious. I don't get how the gap between Shesty and Ingram is much smaller than Serg vs Deangelo either. Every Ranger is considerably better ainec against Tampa except Deangelo. If you weren't a Tampa fan, would you still feel Tampa is better?

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Buch slight edge against Raddysh is hilarious. I don't get how the gap between Shesty and Ingram is much smaller than Serg vs Deangelo either. Every Ranger is considerably better ainec against Tampa except Deangelo. If you weren't a Tampa fan, would you still feel Tampa is better?

Yes I would. I'm a big fan of Serg (I was a fan of him as a Hab as well) and DeAngelo is a major question mark. I love Lias but he is basically a slightly better version of Howden (who just had an awesome year in Juniors). Buchnevich and Raddysh both project as top-6 wingers, Raddysh as a pure sniper and Buch as a more skilled winger. And both Shesty and Ingram track to be NHlerd Shesty will be much better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes I would. I'm a big fan of Serg (I was a fan of him as a Hab as well) and DeAngelo is a major question mark. I love Lias but he is basically a slightly better version of Howden (who just had an awesome year in Juniors). Buchnevich and Raddysh both project as top-6 wingers, Raddysh as a pure sniper and Buch as a more skilled winger. And both Shesty and Ingram track to be NHlerd Shesty will be much better.

Buchnevich doesn't need to be projected, he already is a top 6 winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad