The best players NOT picked of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
World Junior history isn't my strong point, but, at the time, I think Mike Comrie deserved to go. Now, he deserves nothing.

Vic Rattlehead*

Seachd said:
World Junior history isn't my strong point, but, at the time, I think Mike Comrie deserved to go. Now, he deserves nothing.

Bitter?

espo*

Laurentides said:
Im not 100% sure about this but I think that they cut Mario Lemieux back in the days cause they said he was too slow... :shakehead
I don't think so.I think he played when he was 17 and had a four goal game.But he had problems with Dave King(who did'nt think Mario played defense) and he benched him from time to time.Mario soured on playing for the nat juniors after that and declined an invitation to play next year,instead concentrating on becoming the greatest junior player of all time by scoring 282 points in 70 games.

some great players have not made the Juniors....guys like Doug Gilmour and Al Macinnis to name two.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
kris beech got cut and he was supposed to be one of the best players in the CHL that year......ALso brett Lindros got cut from that 1995 Dream Team. not too many superstars got cut....just alot of good junior players like beech.
oh i thought of another and that would be horton, he got invited late last year i think and he thought that they didnt want him on the team, he was only invited casue someone got hurt.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Seachd said:

I'm not so sure he deserves nothing now but at the time Comrie should have been on the Canadian team for sure.

PK*

CF said:
Why is it a suprise that one of the best power forwards of all time never got picked for the WJC?
:lol:

I don't think 3 good seasons coupled with 2 decent seasons qualify him as one of the best power forwards of all time.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I'm guessing if he wasn't drafted he wasn't on the radar to play for Canada so
how about Martin St.Louis.

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Kugel said:
kris beech got cut and he was supposed to be one of the best players in the CHL that year......ALso brett Lindros got cut from that 1995 Dream Team. not too many superstars got cut....just alot of good junior players like beech.
oh i thought of another and that would be horton, he got invited late last year i think and he thought that they didnt want him on the team, he was only invited casue someone got hurt.

Yeah Kugs, I remember Beech spoating off at the coaching staff the morning he got cut. Something like they feel he has a bad rep, and that's why he was cut. I think Stan Butler was the one who cut him (not 100% sure though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad