The best player in your team's history to be placed on waivers...

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I remember when the Oilers put Ray Whitney on waivers back in the late 90's. They had problems with secondary scoring and barely gave him a chance, then put him on waivers. I was not very happy at the time, thought it was a dumb move.
Souray because him and lowe were having a lover's quarrel was pretty good too.

Reactions: nturn06

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Best I can think of off the top of my head for the Penguins is Colby Armstrong. Former 1st round pick that didn't make the team out of camp, cleared, then got called up later in the season and went almost a point-per-game in 40-some NHL games. Of course that was with Sid and nobody expected him to keep that up.

Reactions: zaqq

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Flames fans can post any second now.
Not sure if he ever amounted to anything ...

mar-2000-martin-st-louis-of-the-calgary-flames-waits-on-the-ice-a-picture-id72484626

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I remember Markstrom being placed on waivers early in preseason a few years back. It was actually kind of a shrewd move. He played a preseason game that wasn't televised with very few media around (I believe it was in Sacramento), and they waived him to get him back to Utica to be their starter (Miller and Lack with the Canucks that year). He was the main piece coming back in the Luongo deal just a few months earlier, so if he was claimed the optics of that could have been really bad.

This year, Markstrom is the Canucks MVP. Pettersson is close behind, but Markstrom has been a revelation.

Reactions: NinjaKick and zaqq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->