The Best of the Rest Series: Paul Kariya

Teemu Kariya

Apr 21, 2014
Graz, ST
Really a nice article, Paul Kariya was the reason i fell in love with ice hockey, and the Ducks!
Anyone got an idea what Kariya is doing nowadays?

DaDucks*

I'll never forget the look on Paul's face when I suggested we leave Alexei Smirnov's car keys on his tire overnight.

Ya Paul, like somebody is going to come by and steal his car in the middle of the night.... It was certainly a better idea of what actually transpired.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I'll never forget the look on Paul's face when I suggested we leave Alexei Smirnov's car keys on his tire overnight.

Ya Paul, like somebody is going to come by and steal his car in the middle of the night.... It was certainly a better idea of what actually transpired.

Can you explain more of this story? Very curious

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Thanks for the article. By far my favorite player to ever wear a Mighty Ducks jersey. We as Anaheim fans were truly blessed to see him perform at the top of his game.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Teemu has said told a funny story about Paul. It's about their team dinners and how Teemu always got Paul to pay the whole dinner for the rest of them. Do you know it already?

Teemu also said that Paul had talked about to him in the all star game before his trade to the Ducks. He said that Paul really wanted him to join the Ducks and they had an instant connection there. When Teemu was traded, he was really disappointed until he heard where he was traded. The Ducks was the best choice for him since Paul was there already. Teemu has said he learned a lot from Paul and how Paul and him made a Gretzky-Kurri like tandem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad