News Article: The BEST NHL Trade Deadline Primer

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
TSN.jpg

The big day is drawing closer and fans are going to finally get what they have been waiting for; trades! In prior years leading up to the trade deadline there would be a flurry of trades through the week that would result in an anti-climactic deadline show. *Knock on wood* this year looks as though there will be a chance that the show will feature a fair amount of trades. The deadline to make trades is February 26th (this Monday) at 3pm EST, although deals do trickle in afterwards if the call was initiated with the NHL's offices prior to the 3pm cut off.

The Best NHL Trade Deadline Primer

Hey guys, this is a duplicate post pretty much of what is on the trade forum but I know some of you don't venture over there that much and you're my people! lol.

I stayed up all last night going over the 31 teams in the league and trying to see what they might get up to ahead of the trade deadline. I was ambitious with it and tried to cite multiple known reports and put together some educated guesses based on needs/wants in the league.

Hope you guys enjoy it :)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
View attachment 99935

The Best NHL Trade Deadline Primer

Hey guys, this is a duplicate post pretty much of what is on the trade forum but I know some of you don't venture over there that much and you're my people! lol.

I stayed up all last night going over the 31 teams in the league and trying to see what they might get up to ahead of the trade deadline. I was ambitious with it and tried to cite multiple known reports and put together some educated guesses based on needs/wants in the league.

Hope you guys enjoy it :)

All night?

Your committed I'll give you that, great read to thanks :thumbu:

Reactions: WTFMAN99

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Oops! Fixed. Appreciate you pointing that out

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It made sense to write it all last night because of my sleep schedule and because lack of movement at that time. I had to make tweaks when Grabner moved but overall it was fun to do.

Brassard is already gone off the board so we'll see how things shake out in the coming days.

Said it in the main thread but my main goal was to have an educated opinion but not speculate wildly or go for clicks. I wanted to use sources in the media or make connections based on needs/wants.

Now all Lou needs to do is go get us a top pairing defenseman for a 3rd

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I’ll read this tomorrow. Ur good job in advance. Monday is the first TDD I will have off work. I hope I’m not disappoint

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I’ll read this tomorrow. Ur good job in advance. Monday is the first TDD I will have off work. I hope I’m not disappoint

I always skipped school when I was younger so now I book it off or I am "sick" as an adult to watch it. I'll probably sleep a bit early in the morning and then 4-8 and head to work after that

Reactions: Dzonna

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
I always skipped school when I was younger so now I book it off or I am "sick" as an adult to watch it. I'll probably sleep a bit early in the morning and then 4-8 and head to work after that

Thought u were going to come at me cuz of my clear sentence structure/grammar issues but thank you for not

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Thought u were going to come at me cuz of my clear sentence structure/grammar issues but thank you for not

Nah, if that's the worst thing about your posts on this forum then you're alright in my books man

Reactions: Dzonna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad