Tribute The Best New York Rangers II

The 8 best NYRs listed are ...

• Total voters

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
This poll only includes players who played 698+ games with the NYRs so it's not meant to be comprehensive and snubs many great players (such as the mighty Frank Boucher who's #4 on my list) so please don't you post "You forgot to mention blank". You can vote for 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
This poll only includes players who played 698+ games with the NYRs so it's not meant to be comprehensive and snubs many great players (such as the mighty Frank Boucher who's #4 on my list) so please don't you post "You forgot to mention blank". You can vote for 8.

Edit: Walt's last name should be spelled "Tkachuk".
Interesting about Walt -- I always remember it as "Tzachuk". As a matter of fact, I just found this picture from HHOF site which says it was "Tzachuk":

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
You must be like @bobbop old! Surprised you fossils know what a forum is:sarcasm:
damned millennials.

back in my days THESE are the types of forums we visited:

1711316302710.jpeg

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
damned millennials ...

@KirkAlbuquerque Agreed. What kind of world would they be living in w/o Bill Gates, the 2 Steves Jobs & Wozniak, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Bill Murray, the Beatles, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Tom Seaver, Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Glen Sather, Wayne Gretzky, Phil Jackson, Michael Jordan, etc.?

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
You must be like @bobbop old! Surprised you fossils know what a forum is:sarcasm:
Easy there @Kupo !

I do remember that era all too well. I was in disbelief when the Rangers traded Andy Bathgate (2/22/64) 3 weeks after I met him and got his autograph. Less than a year later they traded Camille Henry.

It was a dark time.

Of course, we had forums then. We yelled at each other in the schoolyard. Not much different than what goes on here.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Interesting about Walt -- I always remember it as "Tzachuk". As a matter of fact, I just found this picture from HHOF site which says it was "Tzachuk":

Except in the photo the name on the jersey clearly says "zuk" It is spelled Tkaczuk

The 1964-76 NYR were bad. There's a link in my sig to a book about it, Greschner's second season he was -50, and I'm not blaming or criticizing him. It was a team effort.
Except for the early 70s when they were good.

A Rangers fan didn't vote for Leetch?

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Except in the photo the name on the jersey clearly says "zuk" It is spelled Tkaczuk
And the caption says "Tzachuk" -- there was quite a debate about it at the time (as well as a debate on how it was pronounced).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad