The best 'checking line' You ever saw?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Habs lines are simply not on the same planet than other ones mentionned...

The worst is, not only you had to deal with Gainey/Jarvis/Roberts, but you also had Tremblay/Risebrough/Lambert...

And later came Gainey/Carbo/Nilan, along with McPhee/TheScrew/Corson, add it up with Claude Lemieux...

Jesus. Request Habs disqualification for all future topics like this one. This isn't fair.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
the thing about those Wings teams was that every all-star centerman was elite defensively: Fedorov, Yzerman, Larionov, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Draper...

seven selkes, and that's not even counting larionov and zetterberg's contributions. simply not fair.

my homer pick is burrows - kesler - hansen, before burrows was put on the sedin line and became a 30 gaol scorer, before the canucks acquired sundin and he transformed kesler from a point every other game player to a point/game player, and before cooke became the worst human being in hockey history.

after cooke left, we also saw a bit of pyatt - kesler - burrows, burrows - kesler - hansen, and burrows - kesler - bernier, which were also excellent checking lines. but that toxic combination of burrows, kesler, and cooke was something else.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
seven selkes, and that's not even counting larionov and zetterberg's contributions. simply not fair.

my homer pick is burrows - kesler - hansen, before burrows was put on the sedin line and became a 30 gaol scorer, before the canucks acquired sundin and he transformed kesler from a point every other game player to a point/game player, and before cooke became the worst human being in hockey history.

after cooke left, we also saw a bit of pyatt - kesler - burrows, burrows - kesler - hansen, and burrows - kesler - bernier, which were also excellent checking lines. but that toxic combination of burrows, kesler, and cooke was something else.

Yes, Kesler, Cooke, and Burrows were awesome together.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I've got a soft spot for Osborne - Zezel - Berg for the Leafs. They were really good for a brief time under Pat Burns.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Don Luce between Craig Ramsey and Danny Gare in Buffalo.

Not a bad checking line when your right winger can pot 50 goals a couple years.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I've got a soft spot for Osborne - Zezel - Berg for the Leafs. They were really good for a brief time under Pat Burns.

I remember the Osborne - Leeman - Olczyk line which was more of a scoring line. They were pretty good together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad