The Best Canadian Defenceman

Who is the best?

• Total voters

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
No clear cut answer imo

Doughty is having a mediocre year and Burn, Gio and Letang have taken their games to a new level. Reilly has emerged as a #1 as well so should be interesting.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Doughty is still the best until proven otherwise over a longer period, Weber should really be an option here too.

He’s a better option than half the guys up there.

Reactions: The Nuge

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Doughty is still the best until proven otherwise over a longer period, Weber should really be an option here too.

I was following your argument until you went ridiculous at the end there.

Reactions: Lays

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

I think doughty is showing this year that he clearly isn't on a higher tier.

people in general underestimate how important having a good team around you is for a defenceman and doughty has been on a good team for a while. doughty without one will fade into irrelevance, much like the other d on this list would. And that's not to say that these guys aren't good. They are all elite.

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Depends on if you mean best as of rn of best overall. Gio if rn, otherwise I'll probably go with Burns or Doughty

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Still say Doughty despite the down year. Gio and Burns are the best this year though.

I agree that Weber still belongs in this group though. As does Pie, despite his poor year as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

people in general underestimate how important having a good team around you is for a defenceman and doughty has been on a good team for a while. doughty without one will fade into irrelevance, much like the other d on this list would. And that's not to say that these guys aren't good. They are all elite.

40 mediocre games doesn't rip him off the career ranks. A 'bad year' Drew Doughty is still a top-10 d-man.

This year it's Gio. Career-wise, it's still Drew.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
No clear cut answer imo

Doughty is having a mediocre year and Burn, Gio and Letang have taken their games to a new level. Reilly has emerged as a #1 as well so should be interesting.

For this year Giordano and it's quite clear.

For career it's quite clearly Doughty IMO.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Well if this is the floor for Doughty, then it's still really good.

3rd on his team in scoring, despite being more an all around dman than an offensive one and first in TOI at ES, PP and PK

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad