The Best 4th line

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
The Grind Line, which went up against the Legion of Doom in the 1998 finals, and helped neutralize them en route to a Red Wings sweep. Consisted of Kris Draper, Joey Kocur, and Kirk Maltby, later Darren McCarty as well.

The Crash Line, which consisted of Mike Peluso, Bobby Holik, and Randy McKay(might have been a 3rd line though).

The Brat Line, which had Pat Boutette, Tiger Williams, and Jack Valiquette.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
The Grind Line, which went up against the Legion of Doom in the 1998 finals, and helped neutralize them en route to a Red Wings sweep. Consisted of Kris Draper, Joey Kocur, and Kirk Maltby, later Darren McCarty as well.

The Crash Line, which consisted of Mike Peluso, Bobby Holik, and Randy McKay(might have been a 3rd line though).

The Brat Line, which had Pat Boutette, Tiger Williams, and Jack Valiquette.

I would think that those lines does not compare to some Original-6 ones, mainly in Montreal and Toronto of course.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
I would think that those lines does not compare to some Original-6 ones, mainly in Montreal and Toronto of course.

They didnt use fourth lines during the O6 era. It was usually three lines and what line from the Habs are you talking about? Because when they started using fourth lines it was usually used for kids who were eased in to the NHL like Backstrom, Bill Hicke, Ab McDonald and Pronovost. I think the depth of the habs teams were great but have become a bit of a mythical beast. The players on the bottom lines were talented, true but they also played easy minutes. They weren't used like bottom lines are today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad