UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I love NVMC, I really do. But I think many fans really don't realize how much a dump it is (even if it's our dump that we love) compared to modern arenas. Glad to see the progress!

Everything about it is horrible, with the one exception being sight lines. Obviously that's a big deal but if we can have great sight lines without having to feel like a sardine in a can when trying to shuffle to the bathroom for a half hour, let's do that. :laugh:

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Everything about it is horrible, with the one exception being sight lines. Obviously that's a big deal but if we can have great sight lines without having to feel like a sardine in a can when trying to shuffle to the bathroom for a half hour, let's do that. :laugh:

Absolutely the sight lines were a plus. It's why fans bring it up as a selling point of NVMC but I mean that literally doesn't affect the players on the ice at all. Newer arena can have good views though, Amalie (Tampa) has good sight lines pretty much anywhere you sit.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I love NVMC, I really do. But I think many fans really don't realize how much a dump it is (even if it's our dump that we love) compared to modern arenas. Glad to see the progress!

it’s going to be like when the Mets moved out of Shea stadium. I remember being like “ahh, I’m going to miss this place a lot, lots of good memories”

First time I get into Citi Field “oh f*** Shea stadium, this place is awesome!”

I expect the same to happen with the isles and the UBS, but only more profound. “I can’t believe we’ve been deprived of this kind of arena for this long!!! Screw the barn!”

And to add to the crayon talk; the 64 Ct was badass, but I remember like 1 or 2 kids that had the 120 pack. Serious kindergarten jealously. Always the rich kids

Reactions: Lame Lambert

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

I know a lot of people go to games for the amenities, I have always just gone to watch the game. I use the facilities before I go to the game, so out of the 35 or so games I go to a year, I probably use the concessions 5 times and the rest rooms that much or less. So for me, I love the sightlines, I love the closeness and noise level when it is full, and I love the fact that I can get to my house 8 miles away in 12 minutes from the time I exit the building. Plus the memories.. I would never argue that it isn't a dump but I will miss it.

Last edited:

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Crowded hallways, long bathroom lines, long concession lines. Obviously it's not convenient for fans in many ways. But it's also nonsensical to trivialize what sight lines and acoustics do - watching the games and taking in the atmosphere is what sells tickets. Louder sounds of cheering also helps the team, too.

I'm confident that the new arena retains as much of this as possible, since some on here may minimize these parts of the hockey experience, but our owners won't.

Edit: One step closer to "Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum brought to you by Tattoo Lou"

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
One step closer to "Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum brought to you by Tattoo Lou"
I have seen the future, and it is in the past.

399512_284081594984400_559348961_n.jpg

397925_284081784984381_685493998_n.jpg

Reactions: Big L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->