UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
A seat in Section 301, Row 2 is officially mine, YAY!
You selling tickets ? I kid, I kid, I’ll be here all week.

Funny story. Back in the old days, 1978 I believe, my buddy, who’s a Bruins fan, he asked me to go with him on one of those Ranger’s Booster club day trips up to the Boston Garden for a Bruins/Ranger’s game. My dad came with us. We take a bus from MSG to Boston Garden, quite a schlep right ? 5 hours. We get there, park the bus, some knucklehead peeks his head into the bus, and says “anyone selling tickets ?” Yeah we schlepped all the way from NYC to sell our tickets, what a schmuck.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If anyone is interested in a 1/4 share at a Belmont for the first season, please let me know.

Haven't picked out tix yet, but thinking its gunna be (for each 1/4) 10/11 games and $75 per seat per game -- we are planning on two seats per game

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Pandemic Creates New Considerations for Arena Construction

'By Allan Kreda
  • Nov. 7, 2020, 5:00 a.m. ET
Tim Leiweke could hardly contain his enthusiasm while he gestured toward what will be center ice at the Islanders’ future home at Belmont Park.

Leiweke, the chief executive of the venue development firm Oak View Group and a partner with the Islanders for UBS Arena, was discussing the team’s run to the conference finals increasing fan support for a project that broke ground last September and will be ready to host games in about a year.

Ticket demand is strong, with about half of premium club seats and the arena’s 56 suites selling in the past three months, he said...

Once games return to home markets and spectators stream back into arenas, fans at Belmont Park will experience many new features, including cashless concession transactions to limit contact and help lines move along faster...

The Belmont project was on hold for two months after New York put restrictions in place to slow the spread of coronavirus in mid-March, when it struck with ferocity. UBS Arena is expected to be completed in time for the 2021-22 season...

Ed Bosco, the managing principal at ME Engineers, has the task of studying and implementing airborne virus reduction solutions at UBS Arena.

Bosco also explained that active virus particles in the air can be reduced by ventilation, filtration, local dilution and exposing the virus to ultraviolet radiation...

“At UBS the systems will be newly calibrated and heavily tested during construction so we can be more certain about the data we collect and the building’s responses to tests we are running.”

Also involved in the UBS project is Matt Goodrich, whose eponymous firm is responsible for layouts and designs of corporate suites and public space inside and outside of the arena. One option that will be present in the arena will be touchless features in the bathrooms...

Belmont’s architecture will feature archways and brickwork reminiscent of the Brooklyn Dodgers’ Ebbets Field...'

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pandemic Creates New Considerations for Arena Construction

'By Allan Kreda
  • Nov. 7, 2020, 5:00 a.m. ET
Tim Leiweke could hardly contain his enthusiasm while he gestured toward what will be center ice at the Islanders’ future home at Belmont Park.

Leiweke, the chief executive of the venue development firm Oak View Group and a partner with the Islanders for UBS Arena, was discussing the team’s run to the conference finals increasing fan support for a project that broke ground last September and will be ready to host games in about a year.

Ticket demand is strong, with about half of premium club seats and the arena’s 56 suites selling in the past three months, he said...

Once games return to home markets and spectators stream back into arenas, fans at Belmont Park will experience many new features, including cashless concession transactions to limit contact and help lines move along faster...

The Belmont project was on hold for two months after New York put restrictions in place to slow the spread of coronavirus in mid-March, when it struck with ferocity. UBS Arena is expected to be completed in time for the 2021-22 season...

Ed Bosco, the managing principal at ME Engineers, has the task of studying and implementing airborne virus reduction solutions at UBS Arena.

Bosco also explained that active virus particles in the air can be reduced by ventilation, filtration, local dilution and exposing the virus to ultraviolet radiation...

“At UBS the systems will be newly calibrated and heavily tested during construction so we can be more certain about the data we collect and the building’s responses to tests we are running.”

Also involved in the UBS project is Matt Goodrich, whose eponymous firm is responsible for layouts and designs of corporate suites and public space inside and outside of the arena. One option that will be present in the arena will be touchless features in the bathrooms...

Belmont’s architecture will feature archways and brickwork reminiscent of the Brooklyn Dodgers’ Ebbets Field...'
Touchless bathrooms. Are they installing bidets?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Touchless bathrooms. Are they installing bidets?

I will volunteer that I have never pooped at a Boat show, car show ,concert , Globetrotters,circus, Wrestling, monster trucks, Teletubbies on ice, Howard Stern Live ( remember that ) or sporting event . LGI

Reactions: MJF

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I will volunteer that I have never pooped at a Boat show, car show ,concert , Globetrotters,circus, Wrestling, monster trucks, Teletubbies on ice, Howard Stern Live ( remember that ) or sporting event . LGI

Dude, you go when you've got to go.

As someone who almost died and spent a month in the hospital along with many months of building back up physically from the ordeal... there was absolutely nothing better than when I finally took a good quality shit. I cried tears of joy when I finally got that "I feel 10 pounds lighter" shit out that completely cleansed my system. Appreciate the good things in life.

Touchless bidets at UBS would be a wet dream for me! :thumbu:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

As someone who almost died and spent a month in the hospital along with many months of building back up physically from the ordeal... there was absolutely nothing better than when I finally took a good quality shit. I cried tears of joy when I finally got that "I feel 10 pounds lighter" shit out that completely cleansed my system. Appreciate the good things in life.

I'll see if Mr Ledecky can dedicate one to you.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

You almost died from not shitting?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
You almost died from not shitting?

Aortic dissection due to hypertension (cigarettes are evil) followed by pneumonia. Spent about a month straight in the hospital and then took me a while to recover. It was probably 6 months until I finally took a really good shit and it was damn glorious when I did. It was like Woody Harrelson getting his Twinkie at the end of Zombieland.

Reactions: MJF and scott99

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Aortic dissection due to hypertension (cigarettes are evil) followed by pneumonia. Spent about a month straight in the hospital and then took me a while to recover. It was probably 6 months until I finally took a really good shit and it was damn glorious when I did. It was like Woody Harrelson getting his Twinkie at the end of Zombieland.

Whoa. Good to hear you're better now!

Reactions: PWJunior

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not sure if I have either, but my ex and I had some quality time in the Men's bathroom at a Met's game during a rain delay.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011

I have pooped at all of the above AND....

In the woods

In a river

IN a KFC bucket (empty)

At end of a guys driveway (couldn't make it home, didn't want to poop in friend's car)

Behind a shed in backyard (vistors in living room, bathroom right off living room)

In between cars at a tailgate.

A slight one on an amusement park ride

and some places too weird to mention

Reactions: PWJunior

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I have pooped at all of the above AND....

In the woods

In a river

IN a KFC bucket (empty)

At end of a guys driveway (couldn't make it home, didn't want to poop in friend's car)

Behind a shed in backyard (vistors in living room, bathroom right off living room)

In between cars at a tailgate.

A slight one on an amusement park ride

and some places too weird to mention
Based on the rest of your list, thanks for not sharing.
That was you?

Maybe he can change his screen name from Quickdraw to Quickdroppem. I will guess the remainder of each day listed above left you , let me say, a bare naked lady for the rest of the evening .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad