SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
This thread really has lost its' passion.

Makes me sad. So much fun was had.....

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This thread really has lost its' passion.

Makes me sad. So much fun was had.....

What made it fun and what will make it fun again?

Perhaps this board only works when bad things are happening. When Belmont "might not happen," there was much to discuss and debate.

Now that it is happening perhaps fans don't know how to deal with good things and have nothing to say.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Perhaps this board only works when bad things are happening. When Belmont "might not happen," there was much to discuss and debate.

Now that it is happening perhaps fans don't know how to deal with good things and have nothing to say.
True statement.

Now is the time to bask in the sunlight. To revel in the fact that we are getting our own hockey-specific arena and will never have to hear from anybody except Steve55 about the future of this team on Long Island.

I think I'm gonna head over to Belmont later and make snow angels in the excavated dirt.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island

exactly.......

Now, I just enter this thread looking for photos of the construction progress/renderings of the arena

Reactions: periferal

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
If you guys want entertainment, you can always go on the NY court system website and laugh at how bad the Tammi & friends lawyer is. Their arguments now consists of “it must be a park! Here’s a picture welcoming you to Belmont Park,” “the tree is old. Really old,” “Laura Curran wore an Islander jersey!!!” and “Eleanor Roosevelt once was at Belmont!”

I’m not joking

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If you guys want entertainment, you can always go on the NY court system website and laugh at how bad the Tammi & friends lawyer is. Their arguments now consists of “it must be a park! Here’s a picture welcoming you to Belmont Park,” “the tree is old. Really old,” “Laura Curran wore an Islander jersey!!!” and “Eleanor Roosevelt once was at Belmont!”

I’m not joking
When you get a chance could you link that? I could use the laughs.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Document List

Start at item 107
Wow they are really swinging at ghosts here. Some of this stuff is a real hoot.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exhibit A has been resolved and National Grid has lifted it's moratorium on supplying gas.

Exhibit C, E... was Belmont Park EVER public parkland? Seems to me it was private property deeded to the State of New York over 100 years ago. Does the parkland for parkland rule even apply here?

Exhibit I, that tree is in the paddock and is NOT GOING TO BE TOUCHED. Everyone knows that iconic tree is over 140 years old and is even part of Belmont Park's logo.

Exhibit J, "Oh My God Laura Curran likes the Islanders, the decks are stacked against us!!!"

I'll get to the rest later but off the top of my head I'd say the Belmont Community Coalition's case is in deep doo doo. I hope their attorney is working for free because I wonder how much money they have to keep paying him.

Reactions: nyscene

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

I’m sure @Steve55 can stir up some trash blog article about why the arena won’t be built

Reactions: Poster Unknown

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
To this day I still don't understand what Steve55's goal is.
To have the team play within the borders of NYC because the Long Island fanbase alone isn’t enough to support the franchise. As if playing 8 miles west of Belmont would make that much of a difference.

He must think having a Zip code from within the 5 boroughs is some kind of a magic bullet.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
I’m sure @Steve55 can stir up some trash blog article about why the arena won’t be built

That would depend on how courts rule on the lawsuits from Elmont and Floral Park.

To this day I still don't understand what Steve55's goal is.

I provide updates for Belmont Park Arena whenever possible.

To have the team play within the borders of NYC because the Long Island fanbase alone isn’t enough to support the franchise. As if playing 8 miles west of Belmont would make that much of a difference.

He must think having a Zip code from within the 5 boroughs is some kind of a magic bullet.

Given the shitshow I've seen and heard from Nassau Coliseum in the last 25 years, I am not sure if regional Long Island fanbase alone is enough for the Isles, especially with the Coliseum attendance this fall.

Actually the Brooklyn move proved that Isles can't be too far away from regional Long Island. Hopefully the attendance in Coliseum improves this month.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That would depend on how courts rule on the lawsuits from Elmont and Floral Park.

Given the ****show I've seen and heard from Nassau Coliseum in the last 25 years, I am not sure if regional Long Island fanbase alone is enough for the Isles, especially with the Coliseum attendance this fall.

Actually the Brooklyn move proved that Isles can't be too far away from regional Long Island. Hopefully the attendance in Coliseum improves this month.
If you lean on the shitshow of the last 25 years of Nassau Coliseum without telling the entire story of how the parade of convict owner, incompetent GMs, and politicians looking for handouts can kill a fanbase then you are being disingenuous.

I find it outrageous that the biggest hawk for a NYC address is a guy who lives in Vancouver, has never been to NYC and never been to a game at Nassau Coliseum.

You can’t get your opinions from what you see on tv and NYI Fan Central. You have to live it. Nobody here can take your opinions seriously.

Last edited:

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011

Given the ****show I've seen and heard from Nassau Coliseum in the last 25 years, I am not sure if regional Long Island fanbase alone is enough for the Isles, especially with the Coliseum attendance this fall.

you must be googling “negative Belmont arena articles” when you look for updates then, since that’s is almost literally all you post on the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad