OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V6~ Let's drink!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm not a big New Belgium fan to be honest. I like Fat Tire well enough, but their other styles are just average compared to some other regional craft breweries.

As for alcohol consumption, I love beer (and wine and bourbon), but I'm more of a 1-2 drinks at a time kind of guy, maybe 3 on occasion. I drink for taste, flavor, and experience more than anything else. The knocking back a 6 pack days were left behind in my early 20's.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not a big New Belgium fan to be honest. I like Fat Tire well enough, but their other styles are just average compared to some other regional craft breweries.

As for alcohol consumption, I love beer (and wine and bourbon), but I'm more of a 1-2 drinks at a time kind of guy, maybe 3 on occasion. I drink for taste, flavor, and experience more than anything else. The knocking back a 6 pack days were left behind in my early 20's.

are taste and flavor different things?

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Man I would love to get into the homebrew game. 20 odd years ago my Mum made homebrew wine, bloody lethal stuff :laugh:

As I am rather boring when it comes to beer/lager I fear it would be a huge waste of money to buy all the **** needed :(

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I started reading a book about homebrewing last night.

What's the book? I have a homebrew kit that I haven't used yet.

I was talking to a worker in the liquor store on Saturday about rum and he recommended a book called "And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails". It's really a history of the sugar/rum trade and the most popular drinks made with rum and their origins. I like history, especially of around that time period, so the book sounds like a win/win. Couldn't find it locally, so I'm going to order a copy online.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Honestly if there is ever an apocalypse all people who drink at Starbucks and other such ****holes should be the first to go.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hop Madness was alright. Their Lake Erie Monster is my favorite IPA of theirs.

My favorite is Chillwave, but I do really enjoy Lake Erie. They are just a solid brewery. They don't make many of my favorite beers of each style (Conway's Irish is probably my favorite of that genre and Christmas Ale is awesome), but they rarely put out a beer that's a miss.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
My favorite is Chillwave, but I do really enjoy Lake Erie. They are just a solid brewery. They don't make many of my favorite beers of each style (Conway's Irish is probably my favorite of that genre and Christmas Ale is awesome), but they rarely put out a beer that's a miss.
Yeah, that's a good summation. One of the exceptions would be their fall seasonal Nosferatu for me. It's incredible.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Their seasonal beers are all solid, I had a Watermelon Lime summer that was quite tasty recently. Also, their 1554 black lager is probably my favorite from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->